• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Princess Peach

• JomoMum

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I would go for a bike trailer. More support and protection for their heads ( because it can be hard to find a helmet that fits) and if the bike goes down, the trailer diesn't flip, plus they don't need a helmet as they are in a roll cage, with a 5 point harness. Please however don't go for a cheap one. Look for a quality brand like Croozee or Thule ( formerly Chariot). If new is not an option, buy second hand.

Princess Peach

Honestly I would go for a bike trailer. More support and protection for their heads ( because it can be hard to find a helmet that fits) and if the bike goes down, the trailer diesn't flip, plus they don't need a helmet as they are in a roll cage, with a 5 point harness. Please however don't go for a cheap one. Look for a quality brand like Croozee or Thule ( formerly Chariot). If new is not an option, buy second hand.

Check your states laws on bike helmets as they need a helmet in Qld even in a trailer.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/rules/wheeled-devices/bicycle#bicycle-trailer

Check your states laws on bike helmets as they need a helmet in Qld even in a trailer.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/rules/wheeled-devices/bicycle#bicycle-trailer

Interesting. I'm in Vic and have a Chariot/ Thule with an infant support attachment. It included an extra padding on the seat for body support plus a winged headrest around bub's head. The head rest made it impossible to use a helmet as it would push the baby's head forward onto their chest, restricting their breathing. The Chariot's harness is a padded u shape that goes over the head and then clips to 3 other straps.

Obviously rules cannot take into account every type of device design, but in my case using a helmet was more dangerous.

Advertisement