IGNORED

Fitness Challenge Tracker

Aughra

I’ve had a bit of a break over Christmas - still hit my daily goals, but only just. And no weights or anything too crazy. But, back at work and back trying to build up fitness. Going to try my first ever cross class at the gym at lunch. Feeling a bit nervous.

Also husb and I have agreed to start TTC no. 2 which is very exciting but I also have a bit of anxiety about keep on working out if / when I get pregnant. I definitely slacked off (gained 30kg!) so need to not do that again. Mainly for the sake of my poor aching body, it just can’t cope with all that extra weight...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusty

• Aughra

• Prancer

• Anonymouse

I’ve not posted here for ages, but I’ve got my average steps up heaps from when you started the thread. I’ve been hitting my 8000 step goal almost everyday (and often I forget to put on my tracker until the afternoon).

For some lightheartedness. I cooked proper lasagne yesterday which I do only around 4 times a year and. 1500 steps and 26 active minutes recorded on the Fitbit, which apparently makes it more active then vacuuming my house.

I have been keeping up with my 10K step goals just about every day. I am not going to the gym currently with the Sydney Covid outbreaks but bought some dumbbells and am teaching myself how to use them via You Tube workouts. Does anyone else here also do at home weights?

I have been keeping up with my 10K step goals just about every day. I am not going to the gym currently with the Sydney Covid outbreaks but bought some dumbbells and am teaching myself how to use them via You Tube workouts. Does anyone else here also do at home !?

I do! I rest like fitness blender videos to teach me how to use them! Body fit by any on YouTube is also good, although I don’t think quite as hard. Fitness blender also has way better filters so you can easily pick what kind of work out, how long, how hard etc. am a big fan :)

Oh thanks for that [mention]Anonymouse[/mention] I have some small weights at home and should use them (you would never ever get me to a gym but I also want to work on fitness). I’ll have a look at those YouTube videos.

I usually tend to slack off a lot on the weekend but I still managed 10k each day. Mostly because I want the 30 day 10k badge on my Garmin again. I’m back to aiming for 15k during the week at a minimum. I swam 2km today (1500 breaststroke and 500 back). And I’m stuck at the pool for 3 hours a day due to the lesson times given to the kids for the next two weeks so might as well take advantage. Then I’m back at work. I’m going to see if I can get an hour in at the pool after work before getting home. Depends on kids, but I’m only working 8-1 that week. Then school is back... which means getting time to work fitness or actual activities for me is hard. Especially with the older child starting highschool and having 4 hours of therapy a week. Really makes me wish we went for a longer pool then we have 8m is just not enough for laps.

Edited by CrankyM

I have been keeping up with my 10K step goals just about every day. I am not going to the gym currently with the Sydney Covid outbreaks but bought some dumbbells and am teaching myself how to use them via You Tube workouts. Does anyone else here also do at home !?

I do! I rest like fitness blender videos to teach me how to use them! Body fit by any on YouTube is also good, although I don’t think quite as hard. Fitness blender also has way better filters so you can easily pick what kind of work out, how long, how hard etc. am a big fan :)

Thanks! I have subscribed to both. I have heard good things about Fitness Blender.

• 4 weeks later...

How’s everyone going?

My yoga classes start back tomorrow, super excited.

I’ve gained 5 kgs over last year and Christmas, I’ve had enough - on the weekend I went to a wedding, all that fit was a wrap-around dress. So that’s it, I’ve cranked up my cardio, so far everyday this week I’ve done 10 minutes on the stepper and 30-40 minutes on the rower and I’m already feeling the benefits. Yay

I’m still here. Mostly walking because it’s been cold and wet so I don’t want to head to the pool. Or I forget something. Trying to work it around school and work is much harder then no work and school holidays. I might try today. It depends on if I get out of work on time.

Hanging in there! We’ve just moved so had a pretty crazy week or so now just trying to carve out a routine in our new place. Bit further from the pool here so trying to work out if I’ll still make my 7am squad tomorrow.....

Still ambling along, keeping up my active minutes, and it’s becoming easier to do and more of a habit which is what I was aiming for. I don’t have to convince myself as much anymore.

NWD today yay, mid-morning I’m attending an easy flow yoga class for over 50’s (I’m 51) I suspect the vinyasa flows will be rather gentle which is perfect for my first class back to practice after the break.

With the crank up of cardio and loads of delicious salads (I think my DH is a Super Taster and he loves cooking, bloody winner) snacking on celery with light Laughing Cow cheese, swapping my glass of wine to Vodka and no sugar mixer, swapping my late night potato chips habit to 2 salt & vinegar rice crackers I’ve noticed a difference in my yoga pants... no so squeazy

Enjoy your day xx

Happy Friday ❤️

Yesterday’s yoga class was divine, I love my teacher and I’ve lost 1 kg. Maybe I’ll do some cardio after work, not sure, who cares, it’s Friday right xx

I did a 7km hilly walk yesterday, in the heat which usually keeps me inside. Not feeling to bad today but I’m going to stick to stretchy exercising like yoga as I can feel my back starting to flair

• 1 year later...

Bumping the thread as I would like to have a place to be accountable! I'm aiming for 10k steps per day. Today's results: 10 919 steps = 7.67 km. Woo! I am exhausted though.

• Like 1

Advertisement