IGNORED

Fitness Challenge Tracker

Aughra

Anyone interested in setting ourselves a weekly fitness challenge and checking in to motivate each other?

I'm trying to do 10K steps a day recently and get back into some kind of exercise routine at home, but I'm lacking motivation.

I'm hating my body at the moment and I'm tired all the time. I need to get moving!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusty

• Aughra

• Prancer

• Anonymouse

I’m in 😀 I’m trying to get minimum 10,000 steps a day and am up to 16 consecutive days of it. Need to get moving today! I am also trying to get minimum half hour exercise a day, I’m mixing up walking, running, riding and elliptical. We can do this!

PocketMacrophobia

I'll join!

I'm aiming for 10000 steps as well. It's easy on most school days as I'm currently walking the kids to and from school but on other days in not managing it.

I also need to get back into yoga.

16 days is awesome Runnercoz!

I find it's much easier on the days I don't work as I have more time. I mostly either walk outdoors or jog on a gym trampoline at home. I can do it with the tv or radio on while DS plays.

My ideal routine would be 10K steps a day plus 20-30 minutes of yoga and strength exercises.

Sounds great! I’m trying to do 3 HIIT / cardio classes at the gym per week plus some yoga & walking on the weekend. Will try to do yoga plus a walk today and cardio

class tomorrow. I’m trying to focus on how I feel (energy wise, strength etc) rather than a goal weight or whatever.

I like the health at every size approach which discourages you from exercising to earn treat food etc. good luck everyone!!

I’m in. I’m aiming for a 1 hour walk each day and to do my physio exercises every day. I’m pretty good at the walk thing but too good at coming up with excuses for the exercises that hurt. 2020 has been a health focus year and I’ve done well so far. It’ll be good to have somewhere I can be more accountable.

Thanks Aughra. Some of those 10,000 step days have been achieved late at night in front of the tv.... I may or may not be one of those people that walk up and down the hallway until I get there 😂

I also agree with pp that on school days it’s so much easier to get the steps!

May I dip my unpainted toe in.

I love my Yoga & Pilates, my gorgeous instructor hosts zoom classes, her classes are an absolute godsend. Thursday morning (bf WFH) I started a new Salute to the Sun challenge, wonderful way to start the day.

ATM my cardio consists of using my rowing machine every other day and walking with my kid when it suits her.

OneDayDreamer

I'll slide in (slowly!)

I'm in Melbourne so I am SO unfit right now. I'm trying to blame COVID but really I've just been so lazy. I'm winded walking up the stairs at the moment. I'm aiming to do a short pilates workout 3-4 times a week and walk the other days. I'm desperately searching for my Samsung watch that I lost somehow when we moved house in February so I can get back to counting my steps.

I'm in.

I've been reasonably good at keeping active through lockdown but the last few weeks its been tough to fit in. Work has just been so intense. And I find I'm losing my fitness really quickly, I think because of the lack of incidental movement.

I mostly cycle on Zwift and walk the dog around the block if that counts. I haven't cycled in about two weeks though, and not sure I'll get any time this week either but next weekend I've earmarked to get back into it.

I'm in!

I went from running 70 + kms a week to none- I went back to uni, bought a house and the 'rona hit. I need my routine back!

I started with my coach again but that's only two days a week- I need some accountability for the other days!

Great job Aughra and nori_roll. A bit over 10000 steps, short walk with dog and kids, and a 7km run for me today. The run made up a good chunk of the step count!

Nori_roll I found the Fitbit was very generous in giving steps when I was actually just moving my arm around 😂 I have a Garmin now and it’s a bit tougher on me

Chillipeppers

I’m in. I’m aiming for 10k a day. My routine is 30 mins on the treadmill (60second jogs and 90second walks) and 10 minutes of weights daily.

I find it easier to reach the goal on weekdays, I struggle over the weekend.

In the spirit of trying to be more of a contributor to this site and less of a lurker 🙈 I’ll join! My goal is just to meet my Apple Watch targets every day which is currently 2700kj a day... with a toddler to chase after getting the 30 minute “exercise” goal is never really a challenge!

I’m in... I am increasing my stamina, in preparation for some planned hikes. So want to climb my hill 3 times a week and hit 10k steps on the other days.

I am trying to commit to fitness and good eating! I aim for 11000 a day. I try and run 5km at least twice a week. And swim 1km once a week. On my work days I don’t always get my step count, but often do 15000 on my non work days.

I try to get 10,000 steps a day as often as possible. I think there has only been three days this month where I haven’t been successful. Yesterday’s effort was 17,599.

Just got back from a 1.5km swim! Didn’t really want to go at the start but feel way better for it. Have to hang onto that feeling because I never really want to go hahah

That’s great Anonymouse. I never want to exercise or go to Pilates but feel so much better for it. Bugger about the Fitbit Chillipeppers, but go you for going to the gym.

I managed my walk and exercises. I have 2 Pilates classes this week.

Just got back from a 1.5km swim! Didn’t really want to go at the start but feel way better for it. Have to hang onto that feeling because I never really want to go hahah

I am similar. I tell my self I am going to do it and times don’t matter, as long as it is done. I find this works well for running. I figure the longer it takes me, the more calories I am burning!

Advertisement