IGNORED

Australian Open Chat

Guest Deleted User 133

Wondering if anyone else wants a bit of a chat thread. Watching Kyrgios play Humbert right now. I always get a bit stressed watching Kyrgios because he can behave erratically, but I enjoy the flare in his game and suspect his character has a lot to do with that. I know he is a really anxious person too who seems to struggle with the pressure. I don’t know much about Humbert, but have enjoyed watching him so far.

Keen to see what will happen in Bolts game tonight, which is getting pushed back later and later. Nice night for it though.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STBG 2

• AngelSG

• Bad Cat

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been flicking between the two matches as well. Love watching Nick play but it can be so frustrating. Still not as frustrating as watching Sam Stosur play.

I really, REALLY want Nick to win this because I want Nick to play Novak at some point in this tournament. Ideally I'd love Nick to win that match because I loathe Novak and I'd love to see his smug face fall if he lost to Nick. Pipe dream though. lol

Lmfaooo - ditto re wanting to see Novak get smashed. His COVID party and subsequent bullshit has changed my opinion of him significantly. I used to quite enjoy him, but never again.

I didn’t watch the start of the match so not sure how bad the issue was with the net tech. Anyone see it? I only saw some arguing afterwards when he was demanding it be turned off.

I would suck as a linesperson in tennis, half of these shots look out to me lol. But they keep on playing so obviously they are okay.

They have no lines people this year, it is all done electronically. It doesn't feel right to me,

I'm actually watching the women's match, an Australian is tied up with world number 2 Simone Halep. They have a set each and are now 5-5 in the last set.

What an upset that would have been!

The crowd has certainly given Nick the lift he needed.

If I'd been in the crowd tonight I would have been cheering the other guy,

:(

He misbehaved the last time he played too. Yelling at his brother to get his girlfriend out of the box is just shitty behaviour.

Umpire has handled it well, but shouldn’t have to deal with what he just did. It’s intimidating (beyond being unprofessional).

I reckon he deliberately hit the ball at the tech too.

I’d like to know if the tech is faulty. And as commentators just said, the scoreboard doesn’t count if it’s a let., it’s a let. I just wonder if it was.

At least Kyrgios has some redeeming points, which is more than can be said for Tomic, so if we managed to get one of the two in to the next round, he'd be the one I'd choose, despite his totally unacceptable outbursts, which yes, are just plain bullying. Poor umpires.

Interestingly with Kyrgios and the net tech, he actually remonstrated with the umpire about Humbert's serve, not just his own.

Advertisement