IGNORED

SUP - Inflatable Stand up Paddle Boards

Dusty

On Australia Day I tried paddle boarding for the first time, I absolutely loved it, I didn’t manage to stand up, apparently my face plant was epic. After my family saw I wasn’t hurt they pissed themselves laughing and I received a standing ovation.

My BIL has a 10’ 6 inflatable, we really like the idea of an inflatable too.

I would love to hear every bodies thoughts on SUPs, brands, stores, sizing etc.

Our first board will need to suit height ranges of 6’2 to 5’8

Cheers.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusty

• Prancer

• Nighthawk

• Fruitmincepies

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that sucks, there’s no paddle boarders here on the new EB.

I’ve found a local business in Braiside (Melbourne) who seem to have what we are looking for, hopefully after lockdown we can check out their boards.

Wish me well on my endeavors. ❤️

Good on you Dusty for finding something you like and bonus points for it also being good for your body!

We are involved in water sports but not this one. And it seems like with all water sports, the equipment you need is expensive. Marketplace type sites have some good deals on and are a good way to try without breaking the bank. Not sure if thst many places stock them, and places like anaconda always seem good value.

Good luck!

Fruitmincepies

I’ve seen lots of the inflatable ones around, I think they were a very popular Christmas gift. But I’ve also noticed a lot of people who seem to run SUP lessons, maybe something like that could be fun and a good way to get more out of whatever board you get. They might also have good suggestions for boards, second hand ones etc.

I’ve done it, it’s great fun. Anyone who goes out usually has to share with a dog or kid which isn’t great for balancing, but I find it easy on my own if the bay is calm.

I use my mums board, it’s not an inflatable one, and I can’t remember the brand or size sorry.

Good luck!

Thx for sharing, I really appreciate it, my BIL’s board is from Anaconda $600 for the board and essential accessories (adjustable paddle, leg thing, waterproof bag, pump and carry bag) it’s a great unit but I don’t want buy the exact same.

The board I found in Braiside is on sale for $485 (with all the same accessories) was about $900 full price, further 10% lockdown discount if I buy on-line and that’s not happening, I need to see the board and pump.

Read shit loads of reviews, apparently the pumps can be the deal breaker. IRokersup have a valentines deal ATM if you buy a board you get a free electric pump... damn it, so tempting but again a no, I’m not buying a board sight unseen.

Sea gods boards are stunning (Queensland company) they use artisan local painters. Bit too pricey for this beginner

I

I use a Red Paddleco inflatable 10'6 board (I am 5'8), while DH uses a 12'6

We mainly use them close to home, so don't deflate them that often.

I prefer still water, so don't take them in the big surf, although I do have a go (mainly unsuccessfully) at riding smaller waves into shore.

The 12'6 often takes dh and a couple of kids and they go exploring some of the local creeks. It does require the kids to be good with their balance too.

We have been happy with our boards, we do have a small compressor that can plug into the car to help with inflation

Thanks [mention]Rubyroo[/mention] I’m taller than you 5’10 my BIL’s board is 10’6 and felt right for me but not my DH, he very tall and is strong boned (comes from his Viking heritage) the 10’6 wouldn’t work for him.... however honestly I don’t think he’d use it anyway lol

My DD is your height, so thank you for that extra information. My DSS is 6’ and all lean muscle, I was thinking the 10’10 might be an option too

Off to google Red Paddleco xx

Wow Redpaddleco’s boards are stunning

[mention]Fruitmincepies[/mention] my yoga teacher didn’t think it was a good idea to get a secondhand one, in case they are slightly damaged and then there’s no warranty.

My fav so far is Sea Gods but I don’t want to spent that kind of money, but so pretty.

Wow Redpaddleco’s boards are stunning

@Fruitmincepies my yoga teacher didn’t think it was a good idea to get a secondhand one, in case they are slightly damaged and then there’s no warranty.

My fav so far is Sea Gods but I don’t want to spent that kind of money, but so pretty.

Dusty, I saw someone doing yoga on one at the beach last week. Could be something to try? Would be great for your core!

I agree [mention]DaLittleEd[/mention] they are an expensive toy, the weekend I paddled what’s just so lovely, flat lake, so nice and peaceful.

BCF seems more expensive than Anaconda (Anaconda has a members sale atm)

Yep [mention]Prancer[/mention] fancy doing yoga on the SUP, my SIL can do a tree pose on her SUP 😳 I might start with a simple down ward dog 😁

Advertisement