IGNORED

AFL general chat

squeekums-the-elf

10YearsLater

Gutted...

Worst game I’ve ever seen last night.

Well done to the sainters who managed to show up after half time and give it everything. Meanwhile, WC decided to call it a night.

squeekums-the-elf

Gutted...

Worst game I’ve ever seen last night.

Well done to the sainters who managed to show up after half time and give it everything. Meanwhile, WC decided to call it a night.

Saints winning screwed my tips but after last week.....

I will wear the tip loss

squeekums-the-elf

DS17 was super happy as he actually tipped the Saints as his upset for the week. He was the only one in our comp to tip them.

smart kid lol

he picked that well

Lizzybirdsworth

Sad but very understandable. I remember ds1s last concussion. It put him in hospital for 5 days and unable to play for a month. It was scary. He couldn’t remember our address, the date, any of the game. I am glad they are taking concussions seriously even if people aren’t happy about it

This week I have been extremely grateful for Chelsea Randall and the example she has set. DS17 sustained a concussion on Saturday. He was out for about 20 seconds and doesn't remember any of the ensuing biffo that came as a result of all the adult team-mates rushing in to protect him. He had a CT scan yesterday, as he was still quite symptomatic 48 hours later - feeling gluggy, bad headache, sensitive to light and noise, etc. GP said his neuro obs were fine, thankfully, other than the obvious concussion symptoms. He has been a bit better today, with the gluggy feeling coming and going. He can't handle screen time still, but is ok with music now, so has been playing guitar, writing music and doing Sudoku. His mate broke his wrist in the game prior to DS's, so while I went to work today, I sent him there so they could keep each other company in their misery (also friend's mum is my bestie and I didn't want him home by himself all day). DS just laid on his friend's bed while his friend did his gaming. Literally just keeping each other company.

The club is taking the footage of the incident to the Adelaide Football League - not because of the bad decision (was called holding the ball against DS, even though it was a sling tackle with no prior opportunity), as bad decisions happen, but because they are not happy with the way the umpires managed the process after the incident, doing nothing to protect DS from further harm, and issuing a yellow card to one of our players for having to get physically involved to protect DS. Thankfully all A grade games are filmed, so it is actually very obvious what happened.

In brighter football news, prior to the injury, DS kicked his first A grade goal, after taking a great pack mark :)

Lizzybirdsworth

Oh Lees, your ds’s concussion is bringing up memories from my ds’s really bad one. It can take a while for him to feel better. Ds was out for 4 weeks. 2 of those with symptoms. First week was the worst. It’s very scary to watch!

I hope he feels better soon and no lasting side effects from it. And yay to his first goal!

• 1 month later...
squeekums-the-elf
6 minutes ago, Lees75 said:

@squeekums-the-elf, did you see Gav is going on Survivor? It’s Brains vs Brawn and he is in the Brawn camp.

Yes!!! I'm gunna watch this season just for him lol

Can't wait

• Like 1

squeekums-the-elf
1 minute ago, Jenflea said:

Dh is currently swearing at the TV over the Swan's performance. 

I feel his pain, Port last night against Geelong. Infuriating  

• Like 1

I completely forgot about this thread.

I'm watching the match, too. In my tipping comp, all 76 members tipped Sydney.

squeekums-the-elf

1 hour ago, Lees75 said:

I will take this photo down, but wanted to show you a picture of me and my “boyfriend”...

Very cool! 

Ive got one somewhere of me and him at a signing, i was 12

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squeekums-the-elf said:

Very cool! 

Ive got one somewhere of me and him at a signing, i was 12

Our boys played junior football together for 4 years and I am a massive fan of his from his Bomber days. DS and XH made me promise not to fangirl too hard. But in that photo we were both standing there watching the boys get awards, and my friend took a long distance photo- lol! But my favourite moment that is photographed in my brain was when he and XH were helping at training and he kicked the ball hard to XH, straight in the nuts and XH was put to the ground- lol! 

• Haha 1

What a great win by the Cats!!!

G.Rohan you star!

Very entertaining, sea-sawing game with a kick after the siren for the win.

Pity there wasn't more allowed at the ground (7,000 I think - in Geelong) - I don't think there has been a covid case down there for 18 months or more?

Anyway, the AFL are leading the way in managing and creating good process and governance around the way teams travel, test and quarantine in this new covid normal era which is good to see.

squeekums-the-elf

i only seen score from tonight, would have been a good one

the afl have been stand out through  all this, only a few things ive gone wtf really with, which rare for me lol

Can I ask a favour?

if you follow 7AFL on Facebook, they put up a TikTok video yesterday of a young man in Rundle Mall, Adelaide, who has become mega Tik Tok famous for doing kind things for people.

There are so many negative, critical comments on there about how he is only doing it for the social media fame, it’s cringe, etc etc, It would be lovely if there could be a few more encouraging comments put up, This is a high school kid, making a decent amount of money from TikTok for being kind, using a platform relevant to his generation, he donates a lot of the money back to charity. Also happens to be a friend of DS17’s.

39 minutes ago, Lees75 said:

Can I ask a favour?

if you follow 7AFL on Facebook, they put up a TikTok video yesterday of a young man in Rundle Mall, Adelaide, who has become mega Tik Tok famous for doing kind things for people.

There are so many negative, critical comments on there about how he is only doing it for the social media fame, it’s cringe, etc etc, It would be lovely if there could be a few more encouraging comments put up, This is a high school kid, making a decent amount of money from TikTok for being kind, using a platform relevant to his generation, he donates a lot of the money back to charity. Also happens to be a friend of DS17’s.

Are you able to link to the comment?  I can't find it. Have gone back to the 17th, but facebook works in mysterious ways sometimes.

Advertisement