AFL general chat

squeekums-the-elf

squeekums-the-elf

Since we having our main home taken, we shall build a bigger, better oval

Lets get this GF party started.

This Port girl is all aboard the Tiger Train lol

gatheringpieces

Very glad to see the most important topics are being posted here

I'm a sucker of a saints fan, :? but I think I'm going for the Cats on Saturday.

Cats all the way in our house.

DS17 is having a big party, as initially when the GF was going to be last week, it would have been his birthday. I am such a sucker! One of his friends is an AV whiz, so is bringing a projector to watch it really big outside. Now we just need the rain to go away!

It’s Tiger time for the third time in four years. Their improvement has been extraordinary, after having been pathetically awful for the bulk of the previous 30-odd years.

Milly Molly Mandy

I don’t know who I’m going for. I find with games like this I just seem to find myself cheering one way without the conscious decision to do so. Does that make sense?

Think I’ll go for the Tiges.

Really annoyed that the final is on so late this year. I wanted to watch it with the kids, but it doesn’t even start until after their bedtime. I hope this isn’t a permanent change, it’s meant to be a family game.

Really annoyed that the final is on so late this year. I wanted to watch it with the kids, but it doesn’t even start until after their bedtime. I hope this isn’t a permanent change, it’s meant to be a family game.

I think they changed the time just for this year, because of the potential for really bright QLD sun and stifling afternoon heat.

Like Catzilla, I think this particular one had a fair bit to do with the temperature at 2pm in Brisbane, especially given it's a month later than normal. I'm less convinced it had nothing to do with Seven not wanting it to clash with the Cox Plate.

I'm also less convinced it's not also seen as a good opportunity to trial an evening game. I have no idea what the international viewing numbers are, and how important they are to the media who broadcast it, but if viewing numbers overseas soar, it could be an influence.

I'd much prefer a day game, too, although TBH this year I'm too grateful to even have the footy to complain too much about a night match.

Yeah, hopefully it’s just a Queensland issue. But the AFL has threatened an evening final since forever. Happy for it to start at 5 or 6pm, but 7:30 is just too late.

Usually I have the TV on about now, listening to the pre match rubbish, waiting for the pre match entertainment to start. Chips and dip and wine in hand. Then the entertainment will begin, then the anthem, and it’s all a big build up and a fun day.

This year? Nothing. Won’t bother till the kids are in bed, then we may even watch a movie.

Half of this is COVID and lockdown, half is the awkward timing of the match.

Usually we ha e the TV on from 10am

Won’t put the TV on till 6:15pm.

Possible storms tonight in Brisbane. Could actually mean the game gets postponed or time off field. QLD storms this time of year can be brutal. Fingers crossed it’s not the case.

Possible storms tonight in Brisbane. Could actually mean the game gets postponed or time off field. QLD storms this time of year can be brutal. Fingers crossed it’s not the case.

Won't make for a very inspiring game for the neutrals if it's a mudfest.

It would be great if the Queensland neutrals saw some brilliance from the top players, regardless of who wins.

Please no! I'm exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster my kid has been on. Couldn't take another week of that 😂

Probably should have said delayed start. They won’t postpone the whole match but I think a big storm cell is due around the start time. We’ve had one of three just pass over us. Plenty of lightening

And if I don't hear up there cazaley, I'm going to boycott next year

Haha. Yeah, a bit of a depressing choice so far, music wise. I’m sure it will build.

And if I don't hear up there cazaley, I'm going to boycott next year

Haha. Yeah, a bit of a depressing choice so far, music wise. I’m sure it will build.

Never mind, here it is.

Advertisement