• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leosmum

• Rosie28

• Emissary

• Basil

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s expansion packs for Catan. My DS prefers City and Knight. A bit more complicated but it goes on for longer.

We love King Domino, Love Letters, Exploding Kittens, Sushi Go, Cluedo, Sequence off the top of my head. All easy games to learn and quick to play.

We've only played one new game so far - Archaeology, a card game which was a big hit with me, DH and DD. DD is looking forward to playing her new game, Ramses, today, which is a puzzle game about finding lost treasures.

We also got Tiny Epic Dinosaurs, Battle Sheep, Fossilis, and the expansion for Tiny Epic Galaxies, Beyond the Black.

I agree with the PP who mentioned King of Tokyo - that's a great one for a 9yo - you can leave out the cards to get started is need be and add them in once you're familiar with how the game works.

DD 9 got a new one called Isle of Cats for Christmas, it was a little more complex than we were expecting, but I think now we've played a round, we better understand what to do for next time.

Spidey_Senses

Regular old Kerplunk, mousetrap, Guess who, Twister and Chinese Checkers have been popular here. But it seems to vary so much on the kids. I gave my 7yo nephew mousetrap and he didnt seem to like it at all.

We enjoy Forbidden Island with 8 yr old DS. Also he requested Hive for Christmas- a 2 player strategy game.

Other favourites have already been mentioned above - king domino, sequence, exploding kittens, sushi go.

We’ve just been playing Avocado Smash with much success across a range of 6-12 years old! Not a complicated game - more like a version of Snap than something strategic like Catan (which we love!) but this is just a good fun cross-age option.

Advertisement