As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

refurbished iphone 6

keirapep

My DS is wanting to use Christmas money to buy a new phone with his Christmas & birthday money to replace his falling apart Samsung.

He is looking at getting an iphone 6 that has been refurbished. Are these still ok phones to use and update etc? From what he has found the one he is most interested in is $170

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• keirapep

• Gumbette

• WildZebra

• Emissary

Top Posters In This Topic

DD had a refurbished iPhone 7 which was great (albeit the screen was a bit too small for my liking). I actually miss the home button TBH. She used it for about 18 months with no issues. The battery health was 89% when we bought it and remains the same now. The only reason she’s stopped using it is that I bought myself a 12 and gave her my XR for Xmas. We’ve given it to my mum now as she also likes the home button.

Our work (not known for being extravagant) had to replace all our iPhone 6s with at least 8s this year due to a lot of apps not working anymore.

I bought a cheap Samsung last year brand new and it was under $300 and is quite good. i actually prefer to use my iPad for most things so a latest technology phone is not important to me.

I bought a refurbished iPhone 7 about 2-3 years ago. From luv my phone. I wanted an apple but could not justify the price. Even though I had the money. Luv my phone have a warranty so when it died a few months in I got a new one. Still going strong.

I also got my dd an iPhone 7 for Christmas. I paid less than $200 for it. They regularly have 20% off or sales on their eBay store. I would not go anything under. I wanted the 8 but it sold out and as it was a Christmas present I did not want to risk it. She was using a Samsung about 8 years old and whilst dreadful, it still worked. I expect the iPhone will last her years and by then she can replace it herself! She was so happy with the iPhone so I am happy with my choice.

I know you've already purchased it but I'd be asking why an iPhone? For $200 you can get some awesome smaller name brand phones.

For comparison I have an Oppo that I paid about $400 for & we purchased an Apple Watch for our child who has high medical needs & found we couldn't use my old iPhone 6plus & needed to upgrade an apple phone (I would have never bought another iPhone otherwise) anyway I comparing specs on my Oppo vs iPhone & I had to got up to around 2K to get equivalent in the iPhone, & I wasnt prepared to take the risk of a refurbished or second hand phone so ended up with the new iPhone SE & it's pretty weak against my Oppo & tiny but Apple have you backed into a corner with the watch.

All my kids have phones around $200s other than the one with the Apple & all phones do exactly what they need.

Advertisement