As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Need a new iPad

ABabyPlease

Hi,

I need a new iPad as lots of things aren't working on my current one which is about 7 years old.

I probably just use it like a toy, to browse while watching tv and I sometimes let DS use it. Should I just buy the newest version? I heard that the price has gone down.

I'm in Vic so don't want to go browsing right now.

TIA

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ABabyPlease

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Prancer

• VeritasVinumArte

Top Posters In This Topic

VeritasVinumArte

Probably depends on what size you are looking for first.

We have the Mini, Standard Size and Big Pro size in our household. I love my Mini, but DH likes the giant Pro size.

From what I know about iPhones and ipads, if you plan on holding it long term you want the latest version as Apple will support software updates longer. If you are planning on letting your child use it, don't get the biggest sized one as they might have trouble holding it. And always get a decent protective case.

I would just go with the one just called the ipad! Is that helpful? It is $499 and the website says is new. So should be fine with soft wear updates for a while. I don’t think you need the features and expense of the air or pro. And the Mini is dearer than the iPad. The Apple site does a bit of a comparison if thst might help?

So I did some more research and the ipad 8th generation is about $500 and seems ok.

Why would iPad Air 4th generation cost more? Is it just extra features that I probably don't need?

Sorry to sound so dumb, maybe I'm overthinking this?

I am just looking at the latest Office Works brochure. The Ipad 8 is $ 496, the Ipad mini is $ 579 and the Air is $ 896. However the mini and the air are both 64GB memory ( so more storage) and the Ipad 8 is only 32GB, hence why they are more expensive.

My DH in IT says the more storage the better. Check the price of the Ipad 8 with 64GB.

Advertisement