IGNORED

TV Volume

Lady Grey

Lady Grey

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the volume on a TV from blasting when music etc is played versus being way too quiet when it’s just people talking etc.

For context, I’ve got a newborn and a five year old and the one thing bringing me some happiness right now is watching a movie at the end of the (very long) day with the five year old but the volume levels are doing my head in.

For reference, it happens on our old Samsung TV and our new Hisense one (no speakers or anything fancy like that). It means I’m constantly turning the volume up and down so that I can hear them talking but the sound doesn’t pulverise my very tired and grumpy brain when music or action sequences happen!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• Lady Grey

• Princess Peach

• Mooguru

Top Posters In This Topic

WallofDoDo

I think in the settings you can adjust the background sounds. Not sure where,, but I noticed the same when we first got a samsung.

Sorry not much help

There should be options on your samsung that you can change the audio to speaker, music, news etc.

The same thing annoys me and I think I found that the 'news' setting was the most balanced.

Oh my freaking lord, this issue is driving me nuts! I'm constantly adjusting the volume.

Music perfect volume 7.

Talking volume 16+.

LemonMyrtle

I find the audio settings that say “clear voice” or something like that are the best for quietening the background noise.

Or, invest in a good pair of headphones.

Or watch with subtitles

Lady Grey

Oh my freaking lord, this issue is driving me nuts! I'm constantly adjusting the volume.

Music perfect volume 7.

Talking volume 16+.

It’s awful isn’t it! Currently watching a movie with my daughter and I can’t stand it! Loving the movie but my poor head from being blasted by the music!! It’s honestly given me a headache.

I need to know this to, does my head in, especially when dh has to turn everything up 5 decibels anyway coz he's bloody deaf

But even when watching movies in the cinemas the music is way louder than the actors voices.

Yes,

Its to due with the bass. So trying to balance it makes it a little more bearable.

VictorineTheCatLover

We have a Samsung tv and find that different platforms have different volumes. SBS is quieter than Netflix that is quieter than Disney but change back to Foxtel and some channels are quiet but free to air through Foxtel is ear blasting. We have a soundbar and bass speaker but that really makes no difference tbh

Has anyone had a play in their settings and had any luck?

I did. The clear voice option is greyed out but there was a different setting about auto adjusting volume which I've turned on and I haven't noticed the issue as much

It’s weird isn’t it. Our TV generally sits on say lvl 10, Disney has to go up to around 30. Minecraft on PS4 is too loud and needs to go down to about 3. Other PS4 games are not like that at all

Princess Peach

Kids were watching LEGO masters on catch up today - some of the ads were so loud, but to turn it down meant you couldn’t hear the show itself.

Advertisement