IGNORED

Photo books

JohnnyComeLately

JohnnyComeLately

Hello all

Inspired by a previous post on online photo printing, I'd like to ask for recommendations for photo book printing.

I'm looking for ease of use (eg good app to use phone photos, easy to sort and arrange etc), and good quality. Price is a consideration too, but ease of use and quality probably more important.

Thank you!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyComeLately

• Lesley225

• Tiara

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to ask this - this is what i need to do with a portion of my retirement time and income. Have years of photos and old family albums to duplicate.

I have been happy with Kmart/ Snapfish, Big W and Happy Snappy. Often they have 50 to 70 off promotions. However I did log onto Kmart photo site and was unimpressed with some of the art features in the app/ website it currently had and instead did Happy Snappy. However I do use their website to creat photo books to see details properly and that most of my photos are stored there anyway. I don't think I would like to try and do a photo book on a phone. But then I put text, images and graphics in my photo books and crop and manipulate my photos.

I am a photographer, and the question I would ask is how much do you care about the photos? For ones that aren’t that important, like pictures of artwork or general snaps, places like bigw or Snapchat are fine. The quality is ok but the colour fidelity is average.

If it’s something you care about, or an heirloom piece, then I’d recommend something like momento.com.au I use their pro products.

A hit and miss one is zno.com They look really impressive when they arrive, but I’ve had one where the glue came undone. They will reprint it for you if that happens. I can’t vouch for them long term though, but they do have specials and they are very cost effective when they come about, so it’s great bang for your buck.

But yes, if it’s something you treasure or you’d like to make a series of books, momento.com.au

JohnnyComeLately

I had a quick look at momento.com.au, and their website isn't even optimised for mobile... That doesn't fill me with confidence about ease of use... How is it to use? I see they have a program of some sort to download?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve used shutterfly a few times and been pretty happy with it. You do need to use a desktop rather than mobile though. They have all sorts of templates where you can just drop in the photos you want. Not a bad price but shipping is a bit more expensive.

I had a quick look at momento.com.au, and their website isn't even optimised for mobile... That doesn't fill me with confidence about ease of use... How is it to use? I see they have a program of some sort to download?

I can't imagine designed a photo book with moving photos around, arranging borders, adding words on a phone.

JohnnyComeLately

I can't imagine designed a photo book with moving photos around, arranging borders, adding words on a phone.

I've just made two on Snapfish, completely on my phone. Keen to see how they look when they arrive!

Advertisement