Top Posters In This Topic

• CrankyM

• 4hunter

• Nighthawk

• BornToLove

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay!

I'm just sitting in front of the TV watching Youtube with my boy. He has a cold and got tested this morning. I fell asleep and just woke up ten minutes ago. So... no crafting for me today (so far).

I did finish sewing a bunch of masks on Wednesday, though! The 3D ones that don't "suck in" when I breathe.

Didn't do a damned thing yesterday. My son was at kinder (he didn't start feeling sick until after he got home), so I had plenty of time but spent it all freaking out about EB!

Hills Mum Bec

I used to love their patterns but have found the last few years uninspiring. They used to publish a lot of beautiful cardigans & jumpers for kids but I can't remember the last time they have had any kids clothes patterns. Seems to be mostly socks, shawls, cowls & hats these days. I have bookmarked a jumper for DH from the previous issue that was quite nice.

More pretty socks here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpl1DKpBAC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

socks.thumb.jpg.679feb5d5ad5f2d152c52d92f52113c9.jpg

As for actual crafting, I got a few rows in yesterday, but not as much as I wanted. I was still out of sorts with the prospect of an EB disappearing, and the new forum and everything... Here is the current version of the cardigan though. I do need to take pics with my big camera as the iphone doesn't pick up the colours very well.

cardigan.jpg.ef44ca439b15b7ba4f9f0928a7f59987.jpg

I am also contemplating buying this pattern: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGoCfcfromy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link The Nundle Mills that @bandwagon mentioned has laceweight in a cone undyed that I could dye...

laceshawl.thumb.jpg.858eaf0c6ecc9566e75b0391656f2790.jpg

We need like buttons!

I know! I keep hitting the arrow for got to top of page as a like... But considering how quickly this was put together it's pretty damned good.

Also if you want to know when the thread has been posted in, tick the box below Notify me when a reply is posted and it comes up under the bell at the top of the screen

I wrote a post here, submitted, and now I don’t know where it is 😂 cbf writing again. If anyone finds it anywhere weird, please return it to me 😀

Don't worry it's here. It just takes a bit of getting used to find that they have arrived. Like when you are writing your post all the previous posts are at the bottom of the screen now...

So happy to see this new site up and running. And already a bunch of crafty stuff going on.

I've been busy making halloween costumes. At the last minute DS decided he wanted t o be Link this year - and he's very big into his props so we are trying to make a master sword and hylian shield. Sword is just about done, sewing of costume is done, need to work on the shield today.......And all this for a half hour scavenger hunt with two of his friends.......which is all I'm allowing this year

Yay!

I'm just sitting in front of the TV watching Youtube with my boy. He has a cold and got tested this morning. I fell asleep and just woke up ten minutes ago. So... no crafting for me today (so far).

I did finish sewing a bunch of masks on Wednesday, though! The 3D ones that don't "suck in" when I breathe.

Didn't do a damned thing yesterday. My son was at kinder (he didn't start feeling sick until after he got home), so I had plenty of time but spent it all freaking out about EB!

DSP, can you please post a link to the pattern for the mask? I have some cute fabric calling my name...

4hunter, I would love for you to post your Halloween sewing when it's done. It sounds incredible! It's lovely your son will be able to celebrate a little.

Rosie28, here's the pattern I'm using:

https://www.japanesesewingbooks.com/2020/06/20/free-mask-pattern-download-contoured-3d-face-mask/

I've been making the XL size for myself, because I wanted extra nose coverage. And I've also been sewing a small dart into the bottom, but you may not need to.

4hunter, I would love for you to post your Halloween sewing when it's done. It sounds incredible! It's lovely your son will be able to celebrate a little.

Oh I will definitely be showing off his costume in here when it's done....but no sneak peaks - I want to wait till its finished!

A letter to elise

I was just thinking about the craft thread this morning, and here it is!

Not heaps of crafting going on. I’ve been madly making embroidery kits all week. I did squeeze in time to make a bird to sit on DDs shoulder for her book week costume.

This weekend, I think I will try to make a dress. I bought a Nerida Hansen pattern. It looks pretty simple, so I hope it turns out ok.

Hills Mum Bec

I made a shawl as a Christmas present for a relative in Canada. It’s so soft, very hard dropping it in the post.

That looks amazing, beautiful colors!

I made a shawl as a Christmas present for a relative in Canada. It’s so soft, very hard dropping it in the post.

That shawl is fantastic. The colours are amazing. You have a very lucky relative in Canada.

bandwagon - I wish the kids would stop doing that. I keep making patterns for my kids then the next time I go to use it - they're bigger again and I have to start all over again.

Advertisement