IGNORED

Lego store

JohnnyComeLately

JohnnyComeLately

Hello

Has anyone been to an Australian Lego store? Specifically, the one in Brisbane, at Chermside?

I'm wondering if it's worth an outing to take my 6yr old Lego fan to have a look - for the fun of it, and mostly to browse, as he got lots of Lego for Christmas.

Has anyone been? Is it worth a look, even if you're not really planning to buy? It's a bit of a distance for us, so don't want to bother if it's not worth the effort, IYKWIM.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyComeLately

• Living Type

• Laridae

• A letter to elise

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiwi Bicycle

Do you mean an offical Lego store? ( as far as I knkw there's only two in Australia, Bondi Beach and Doncaster, Melbourne). I have been to Doncaster and the Legoland Discovery Centre here in Melbourne ( Chadstone) which looks exactly like an offical Lego store but apparently isn't. I have also been to Lego stores in Malaysia and New Zealand.

They are not big stores. They do have a pick a brick wall which you can fill different sized cups to a price. They also have all the sets avaiable plus blister packs/ key rings/ promo sets of stuff other toy stores don't stock. They have a few big Lego statues. However browsing a store will only take about half an hour.

Oh and everything will be full price. So really expensive.

I hope that helps.

[mention]Kiwi Bicycle[/mention] there are a lot more than 2 Lego certified stores in Australia now. One even opened in Adelaide recently. They are popping up everywhere.

I've only been to the dreamworld Lego store and Chadstone, but there are often large Lego statues and exclusive sets, if you like Lego you'll probably end up buying something.

A letter to elise

There’s quite a few of them now.. it can be a good place to get some of the larger, fancier sets. It’s not cheaper, but they have some things they don’t sell in Kmart, big w etc. They Also have a big Lego statue, pick a brick, and little novelty items as well.

There’s way more stuff on the website though

Lizzybirdsworth

We have a lego store in Newcastle. It’s cool to see what is made there. But no interactive things to do. More a look with your eyes, not with your hands situation

ineedmorecoffee

We went past the Broadway Sydney Lego store last week, nothing special compared to the ones overseas.

Maybe worth a look if you are already in the shopping centre but I wouldn’t really go out of my way for it.

We went to one in America years ago and all DH and DS did was re arrange their wall to make the lego bricks were in the right spots lol...

I have picture evidence lol

JohnnyComeLately

Thank you all. We did make the trip, and 6yr old DS loved it.

I went in saying (optimistically) "Now, we're just going to look, we're not going to buy anything", and came out with a big set!

I went in saying (optimistically) "Now, we're just going to look, we're not going to buy anything", and came out with a big set!

Oooh which set?

JohnnyComeLately

Oooh which set?

The ski chalet!

VeritasVinumArte

This is what can happen to you over time..... it started with a single Winter Village Set in 2010.

E35732-BC-A08-D-4-BF2-8240-888-CB9-A00-E47.jpg

Then grew over the years to this

184-D289-F-49-BA-48-D6-9-A54-981-A14-F70-B06.jpg

9-B40-BC03-4-A5-C-4900-A0-F3-166-DF9-C2806-C.jpg

11 Winter Village Sets

I just have to get myself ready to dismantle piece by piece so it can be built during first 2 weeks of December.

Advertisement