IGNORED

How do you store your puzzle during assembly?

JomoMum

I have a 1000pce puzzle case, but when you’re spreading and sorting pieces, I need to utilise one of the lifting sides, so I can’t axtually close it while I’m puzzling, until about 1/3 through the puzzle.

Do I get a 1500pce one to accomodate the 1000pces?

Is a mat the way to go? Where do the pieces sit before they go into the puzzle?

I can’t make it work. Help!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hills Mum Bec

• JomoMum

• Over and out

• amdirel

Top Posters In This Topic

You can buy sorting trays. There were six in a pack. I saw them in Q&B books and was also given a set as a gift from the Innovations catalogue. They stack together vertically so you can tidy up.

We have a puzzle board with slide out drawers similar to this:

https://www.innovations.com.au/m/p/electronics/craft-games/jwoz-jigsaw-organiser?affiliate=ADIAS&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI96-p-_2a7wIVhZVLBR0_Igm9EAQYASABEgKorPD_BwE

You would still have to have somewhere flat to store the board. We put a cloth over it and slide it under the bed.

I squealed and showed this to DH this afternoon thinking it was perfect!! He just giggled. But I really do think it’s more user friendly.

Thank you :)

Hills Mum Bec

https://www.innovations.com.au/m/p/electronics/craft-games/jwoz-jigsaw-organiser?affiliate=ADIAS&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI96-p-_2a7wIVhZVLBR0_Igm9EAQYASABEgKorPD_BwE

You would still have to have somewhere flat to store the board. We put a cloth over it and slide it under the bed.

I squealed and showed this to DH this afternoon thinking it was perfect!! He just giggled. But I really do think it’s more user friendly.

I do think it’s a pretty good option. We got ours at a local market from a guy who made wooden toys. The boards on ours are lined with felt.

OP do you mean you have this type of thing?-

https://www.innovations.com.au/m/p/craft/jigsaws/puzzlesorts-puzzle-cases?affiliate=ADIAS&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7YyCBhD_ARIsALkj54q1H2VBHgJ_Qinuoq97dh767bnYTihzI_MaK52XR5U860mCBaudQYMaAh_xEALw_wcB

Can you store it vertically? I was thinking about getting one as I just don't have the space to store it horizontally.

I'm not a piece sorter though, so I don't have the problem you have. I'm happy to keep the pieces all in the box and dig through them, for me it's part of the challenge (aka frustration!) of doing a puzzle.

I have a roll up puzzle mat. They absolutely suck. So I recommend them to no one.

I am currently doing a 3000 piece puzzle. It's being stored on a massive piece of cardboard on the living room floor because my roll-up mat is only big enough for a 2000 piece puzzle, and we literally have nowhere else in the house to put it! But yes, in general the little stackable trays are the best invention ever!

Rilees_Mama

I'm about to get back into doing jigsaws. I've decided I'll do it on the dining table, then place a large piece of ply over the top (weighed down with something heavy so the kitten doesn't skid across the ply and mess up the puzzle!).

It's only DD and I, and we have a large dining table, so it won't be a problem pushing the puzzle down one end of the table for a few weeks while I do a puzzle. Maybe if I really get into doing them I'll look into one of those tray things. I know I won't use a mat that has to be rolled up (had one previously and never rolled it up!).

I do think it’s a pretty good option. We got ours at a local market from a guy who made wooden toys. The boards on ours are lined with felt.

My mother just bought one of these she loves it and when she needs the dining table just packs it up and slides it under a bed.

We did a 3000 piece puzzle during the first lockdown and god it took over my brain. I would go for walks and see the houses and trees divided into puzzle sections, like "ok red pieces go there".

We just used the table; we eat off our laps anyway.

Advertisement