IGNORED

How big have you printed?

MissHLH

I want to print a photo for my mum for Mother’s Day. She went on a trip and has some shots she really loves but they’re taken on a phone. I think it has a 16mp camera.

I did a trip recently(ish), and when I went to print some shots I was told anything over 4x6’ would be pixilated. The camera is old, I can’t remember how many psi it is, but I knew I could print larger than it said because I had done so previously.

Anyway, I think I could print something pretty large (given it would be on a wall and viewed from at least 1m away). I found a website that said I could do 30’x40’ (76cm x 116cm or close to, I think). Has anyone printed anything largish from their phone camera? What size? Are you happy with it?

I was going to do a print first, just to see the quality. If it was okay I’d get a frame for it. Then, maybe for her birthday do a canvas print of the one she really loves. If it works I could do presents for years!

As an extra, anyone know where you can get largish frames of that size?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissHLH

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Karlee99

• Mrs Claus

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiwi Bicycle

It depends on your phone. TBH I don't think any phone camera at the moment can do super enlarged photos without pixelating. You do need to use a high quality digital camera.

I have previously printed an A4 size photo from a cropped phone photo and yes it was pixelated (I did get a warning that this may happen but tried it anyway to see) It's not 100% completely pixelated though, just in some parts and is only obvious if you look closely

Thanks [mention]Karlee99[/mention]. Maybe instead of trying larger I could print a few. I wanted bigger than A4.

[mention]Mrs Claus[/mention], I know you get a warning, but I’ve found you can still get great results past that. I just don’t know how far I could push it. With my camera I get the warning for anything above 5’x7’, but have printed 11’x14’ no problem. A website I found said I could do up to 30’x40’, but don’t know if I could push it that far.

Advertisement