IGNORED

Is kitty done for?

MintyBiscuit

MintyBiscuit

This is my daughter’s beloved black & white kitty. Kitty has had various little holes stitched up by my very rudimentary sewing skills, but her newest injury has me stumped.

6-E00-A7-D0-7633-4-CB7-ABD9-02-E831-E53238.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on how the hell I fix this?!? I was thinking worst case I’ll make kitty a little permanent vest to cover the hole, but I still need to patch it somewhat so the stitching doesn’t continue to pull. Why oh why did she pick a knitted toy as her favourite 😭

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MintyBiscuit

• Seayork2002

• LemonMyrtle

• magic_marker

Top Posters In This Topic

Seayork2002

DS has an animal we are going to take to the doll hospital in Sydney, not sure where you are but there may be one close by or you could post it?

MintyBiscuit

DS has an animal we are going to take to the doll hospital in Sydney, not sure where you are but there may be one close by or you could post it?

I’d forgotten about the doll hospital, that’s a great idea. I’m worried any of my attempts would make poor kitty worse so I think I’ll leave it to the experts

I remember my grandmother sewing a scarf on my beloved teddy when he had a similar injury. He was never the same again, still teddy but never quite teddy. I second the doll hospital. If its truly loved a professional consult could be worth it!

DS has a rabbit that is so covered in patches you can barely see the original fabric. I'd just stitch a patch of different fabric over the hole (maybe a heart-shape?) and darn the lower 'run'.

Advertisement