IGNORED

What podcasts are you listening too?

TheGreenSheep

TheGreenSheep

Hi,

Im a fangirl of crime podcasts, I got hooked on Crime Junkies and have continued listening. DS14 has now picked them up and has binged them during lockdowns. He is just fascinated by human nature and the psychology of crime and has started watching a lot more real crime docos and movies, esp those tied to what he listens too. He was stunned by the Watts family murders and the Netflix doco. I guess it sure beats playing his xbox...

Any good crime podcasts you can recommend to me?

Whats your fav podcasts, and what if any do your kids listen too?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheGreenSheep

• Murderino

• caitiri

• Loty

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to a mix of podcasts; feminism, books, authors, LGBTQI+, interviews & a few others.

• The Guilty Feminist

• David Tennant Does a Podcast With...

• How to be a Girl

• Amanda Palmer: The Art of Asking Everything

• Coode Street Podcast

• No Write Way, With V. E. Schwab

• No Filter with Mia Freedman - only occasionally though.

And the latest one I’ve subscribed to but yet to listen to is Dying for Sex (heard about it during a No Filter episode).

I’m currently engaged in Beenham Valley Road and The Nurse. Both true crime. Both awful.

I also listen to No Filter with Mia Freedman, True Crime Conversations and Hamish and Andy.

There’s not enough hours in my day for all the podcasts I want to listen to!

I'm very late to the podcast scene - I only discovered them during lockdown and so far I've only listened to one, but I really love it - The Sporkful. It's a food podcast, but food in terms of history, science, politics, race, etc.

I have so many! I listen to podcasts more often than watching TV and can often listen during work hours. I’m subscribed to all of them but many are between seasons or have finished for now - I stay subscribed in case they come back. I’m a Patreon for quite a few of my favourites.

Crime:

- My Favorite Murder

- Jensen & Holes: The Murder Squad - they look at unsolved murders to try and use the online sleuth community to solve them

- Australian True Crime

- The Nurse - this just started and is about a child abusing nurse in Tassie

- The First Degree - the hosts can be annoying but the stories are interesting and they talk to someone linked to the crime in some way

Comedy:

- The Dollop - could have out this with politics - each historical story has a very pointed link to modern day US political relations.

- The Best - Melbourne comedian Kirsty Webeck gives an objective, definitive assessment of the best of various topics. She is ramblingly hilarious!

- The Debrief with Dave O’Neil - Dave used to debrief with a comedian on the way home from a show, during COVID he has called them to check in and have a chat

- Do Go On - three Melbourne comedian friends, one does a report on a topic and the others react and are very funny generally

- Do You Need A Ride - started as two LA comedians who’d give a friend (usually a comedian) to the airport or home from the airport. With COVID it’s mostly those two chatting. They are very funny.

- Don’t You Know Who I Am - Comedian Josh Earl (who hosted the short lived reboot of Spicks and Specks) gets four people (usually comedians) together for a quiz about themselves. There are hilarious stories every week.

- TOFOP - Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen chatting randomly

- FOFOP - when Charlie had to stop TOFOP because of Home and Away Wil did faux TOFOP (FOFOP) with guest Charlie’s (usually comedians)

- The Honeydew with Ryan Sickler - Ryan is an LA comedian who talks to comedians mostly about the trauma’s in their lives. I skip any with repeat guest Joey Diaz as mostly I think he is a sexist jerk and I often think he’s making the stories up.

- I Said No Gifts - a conversation where the gift is a talking point. Emma Thompson sought out an invite to be in the show!

- The Junkees - Dave O’Neil and Kitty Flanagan discuss junk food

- The Little Dum Dum Club - two Melbourne comedians talk to their mates. This might be pretty niche.

- Somehow Related with Dave O’Neil & Glenn Robbins - Dave and Glenn are given two seemingly unrelated topics and discuss them to figure out how they are linked. There is always random chats and interesting stories.

- Global Pillage - Guilty Feminist Deborah Frances-White hosts a quiz show with two teams of comedians

- Grownupland - twenty somethings talk about life as they have to grow up.It was a BBC co-productions and has finished for now.

Politics:

The West Wing Thing - they started with the intent of drawing the line between the terrible politics of the show and the terrible politics of the Democrats. Both are TV/movie writers and now point out the terrible writing by Sorkin. My favourite segment is the misogyny rundown.

Like I’m A Six Year Old - Tom Ballard has people explain political stuff at a really base level. He gets people from both sides although he is clearly VERY left (was less left at the start)

Big Aussie Revolution - comedian Greg Larsen

Well May We Say - lefty lawyer talking politics in Australia

Feminist

The Guilty Feminist - Feminist podcast allaying our fears of not being perfect feminists

A Podcast of One’s Own - Julia Gillard talks to women of influence around the world

Clem Ford’s Big Sister Hotline - it’s Clem you can probably picture it

General

Emsolation - Em Ed this when lockdown began and it’s a chat with her friend Michael Lucas. It’s just fun and has become a firm favourite.

Fitbet - two comedians who had a bet for weight loss and started the podcast to chart that and have kept going over two years later

Ladies, We Need to Talk - ABC Listen podcast by Yumi Stynes about topics ranging from finances to sex to abuse and so on

The Pineapple Project - Claire Hooper started it to talk about money, the next season was about career and then tidying your life. jan Fran took over from season four with a season in death and a short season 5 on connection.

Wilosophy - Wil Anderson talks to people about their life philosophy in wide ranging chat. He had Jimmy Barnes recently which was really good.

I’m currently engaged in Beenham Valley Road and The Nurse. Both true crime. Both awful.

I also listen to No Filter with Mia Freedman, True Crime Conversations and Hamish and Andy.

There’s not enough hours in my day for all the podcasts I want to listen to!

Oh I’ve been meaning to listen to Beenham Valley Road.

I have only just started listening to podcasts in the last few weeks. I wish I had started earlier! I have been walking around the house listening with a headphone in one ear.

True crime ones I have started listening to so far have been:

RedHanded

Beenham Valley Road

Australian True Crime

True Crime Conversations

I Catch Killer's with Gary Jubelin

TheGreenSheep

[mention]nori_roll[/mention] , enjoying the Small Town Dicks this week. I listened to the 2 Kilcullin episodes whilst mowing the lawns. Oh boy, did I weep whilst trying to mow straight, thankfully hat down, sunnies on and no one driving past could see the tears. Hearing the heartbreak in their voices and so many times stopping to compose themselves. Really well done.

• 2 weeks later...
YodaTheWrinkledOne

Currently catching up on "America If You're Listening" (was originally Russie If You're Listening)

I like Rear Vision too.

Ladies We Need To Talk.

Chat 10 Looks 3.

Conversations

Australia True Crime

The West Wing Thing

Advertisement