IGNORED

Anyone remember Puggle Tales (c.1980s) & Puggles

VeritasVinumArte

VeritasVinumArte

So one of those moments for me when scrolling through the daily fail.

There was an article on a cute echidna puggle when the word “Puggle” brought out long memories...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8854315/Adorable-photograph-10-week-old-echidna-orphan-named-Rarity-stuns-Australians.html

.... memories of the books Puggle Tales and just how desperate I was as a 6yo to get one....but mum wouldn’t allow it.

Decided to google and came up with

https://www.puggle.com/

OMG I could live out my childhood dream of having a Puggle (well via proxy and Miss 10).

Mentioned it to my sister born 1981 and she didn’t remember until it was mentioned baby puggles with nappies and it all came back to her.

Funny how memories work.

Mr 15 is interested in getting a Flying Drop Bear for Christmas LOL!

So anyone else remember or memories triggered?

Edited by VeritasVinumArte

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VeritasVinumArte

• Seayork2002

• Kiwi Bicycle

• nom_de_plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont remember a story but I had a stuffed animal I think it was called a puggle it would have been in the 80's and it came in a pouch and was brown i think

I had a fruggle. With long legs. He lives in a plastic jar. I think he’s still at mum and dads.

I especially remember this bit cause everyone always wanted to pull him out!!

Since then we have discovered that FRUGGLES quite enjoy travelling around safely in jars. To get them into their “travel jar”, hold them upright in the “checking for clean feet” position, placing their bottom on the open top of the jar. Keeping their legs up close to their nose, gently squeeze their bottom a few times and ease them into their jar.

To remove a FRUGGLE from their jar . . . simply turn the jar bottom up and shake gently up and down!

VeritasVinumArte

I had a fruggle. With long legs. He lives in a plastic jar. I think he’s still at mum and dads.

I especially remember this bit cause everyone always wanted to pull him out!!

Since then we have discovered that FRUGGLES quite enjoy travelling around safely in jars. To get them into their “travel jar”, hold them upright in the “checking for clean feet” position, placing their bottom on the open top of the jar. Keeping their legs up close to their nose, gently squeeze their bottom a few times and ease them into their jar.

To remove a FRUGGLE from their jar . . . simply turn the jar bottom up and shake gently up and down!

They still have fruggles for sale too.

Mr 15 and Mr 13 are interested for Christmas presents (as they want money towards iPhones but Santa can’t bring iPhones with younger cousins around so Puggles/Fruggles and gruggles are being considered for Santa to bring).

The Lost Forests at Docklands is lots of fun, they actually have rides on the Star with a salesperson who goes on with a group and they take some toys and read books.

I took my son last year, and we would take a train to the city and spend the day at the shop. I also bought myself a big puggle and bag, and my son and niece and nephew baby ones, and the storybook.

I definitely remember Lost Forest stores. I asked my partner a few years ago if he remembered them and after a brief explanation he said 'oh yeah, that's where the rich kids had their birthday parties' which is basically my memory of them too. Very beautiful though and the toys were very cute, especially the backpack cats.

I had heard that some stores had re-opened but I haven't visited them.

VeritasVinumArte

I am awaiting stores to reopen and hope to visit myself for Christmas Shopping.

Miss 10 would still love store but Mr13/15 are a bit old.

Maybe if their younger cousins visit during the holidays we can do that.

There even was a Lost Forest store in Auckland, which in the 80s was very amazing ( especially as not many international retailers came to NZ). I remember everything was expensive, but it was so lovely to go and see. I found out there was a new store here in Melbourne last year. Apart from the toys, the main thing that stands out was the talking tree.

I have not heard of the lost Forrest stores, but remember puggles. I just assumed they were based on a book or tv show. I had a friend with one. I would have loved one.

Yes my teacher had one in our classroom when I was in primary school. We happened upon the Lost Forest store at Docklands a couple of years ago. DS really wanted one so I ended up sewing my own, we ended up with a whole family of them in the end.

VeritasVinumArte

Yes my teacher had one in our classroom when I was in primary school. We happened upon the Lost Forest store at Docklands a couple of years ago. DS really wanted one so I ended up sewing my own, we ended up with a whole family of them in the end.

Oh that’s so sweet. Glad you made your DS one - as I said I remember being very dark at my mum because I couldn’t get one.

This thread has reminded me about the Lost Forest store in the Myer Centre in Adelaide when I was a teenager. I was fascinated by the store more than the actual toys. But my sister got a gigantic green Puggle from there one year for Christmas - big enough you could almost drape yourself over it, from memory - but let’s be honest, it’s probably still sitting in my parents’ house somewhere, gathering dust.... 😂

As I child of the 80's I had a Puggle! I also remember those Lost Forest stores. I went to a birthday party there in Prep and was desperate to have mine there. I didn't realise they still had a store at the Docklands. I'd love to take my kids and relive my childhood.

As I child of the 80's I had a Puggle! I also remember those Lost Forest stores. I went to a birthday party there in Prep and was desperate to have mine there. I didn't realise they still had a store at the Docklands. I'd love to take my kids and relive my childhood.

The store is new, the company ceased to operate for decades.

I can't find the article now but I remember reading the story about why they went out of business initially and it was a pretty wild ride. It was owned by two men and I think one might have been a well-known musician, wish I could find it but I suspect that it has been hidden by algorithm since the business re-started. No idea what the connection between the new and previous owners is, a visit is definitely on my post-lockdown to-do list now.

The store is new, the company ceased to operate for decades.

I can't find the article now but I remember reading the story about why they went out of business initially and it was a pretty wild ride. It was owned by two men and I think one might have been a well-known musician, wish I could find it but I suspect that it has been hidden by algorithm since the business re-started. No idea what the connection between the new and previous owners is, a visit is definitely on my post-lockdown to-do list now.

I am fairly certain they were a victim of the early 90's recession. I hope the Docklands store survives this one!

I found this on YouTube

After reading this thread yesterday I called Mum. She seems to think my puggle might be in my old toybox which is in a storage unit. I'm going to check it out once we're allowed.

rewritethestars

I remember. Puggles were all the rage as a kid. I had a blue puggle with a nappy and I remember visiting the Lost Forest store, so magical. I was so sad when they closed.

We saw an echindna on our bike ride today. Some questions about do they lay eggs etc from DS. Apparently a baby echindna is called a Puggle...

Advertisement