IGNORED

Popsugar Reading Challenge

Lunagirl

The Stainless Steel Rat is a pretty fast read and would probably cover you off for 'made-up language'. I haven't read them in many years but I remember it being pretty fun.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lunagirl

• riotproof

• pippityroo

• Seayork2002

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks [mention]PuddingPlease[/mention] (are you a new member or under a different name)?

There's obviously no way I'm going to finish so I think I'm just going to take it easy from here. I managed 1.5 books yesterday, though the time war one is a novella, while still doing other things, and I could probably keep that pace up for another two days. But that will still only get me to 3 more books.

I've done over 40 books now, enough to complete the regular part of the challenge. I think that will have to do. I was going to take the first few days of 2021 to finish this challenge, but I've got a pile of books I got for Christmas and my birthday that don't fit this year's prompts but do fit the 2021 ones. I want to dive into these. It seems silly to have a stack of books I'm ignoring while buying other books to fit prompts.

No name change and I'm not brand new but I hadn't been on old EB for long prior to the Great Shutdown.

What was the time war one like? I looked it up after your post yesterday and was intrigued.

It was a bit different, I did enjoy it and it was an interesting concept. I’d see if your library has it before buying, though.

A book about a book club - Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson

It’s not about a book club so much as the book club provides the inciting incident for the story. This was really really good. I remember reading her debut novel years ago and it was excellent too. I highly recommend.

The title of the book is also the name of a song, if anyone wanted to read it in the 2021 challenge.

Advertisement