IGNORED

Do I want a kobo??

riotproof

My main reason against ereaders has been the fact that I like to read in the bath. I also sit on the side of the pool, so as to be able to jump in when watching the kids swim.

I just saw this. https://www.booktopia.com.au/kobo-libra-h20-black-kobo/book/681495007813.html?sc_src=email_5135390&sc_lid=348855827&sc_uid=gyeddwtNBT&sc_llid=147935&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emarsys&utm_campaign=e20201126_Campaign_BlackFriday_2020_Promo_5135390&utm_content=&sc_customer=428867886

Does kobo work with Libby and BorrowBox? Can I buy the books from everywhere or only certain places?

Tia.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• CrankyM

• VeritasVinumArte

• Seayork2002

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a kobo and hated it, if you use the libraries though I know they are better than Kindles but I love mine.

I think when I used my Kobo it could have been used with borrowbox but hopefully someone can confirm that as I am not totally sure

I just got a Kobo Clara for my birthday. I really like it. I use it to download library books through libby and have had no problems at all.

Do you buy any books as well?

I have a Kobo Aura and love it. I pretty much e-read exclusively now and borrow 95% of what I read. You don't need BorrowBox or Libby, I just download directly from the library on the Kobo or on the laptop and drag and drop. You can buy from anywhere except Amazon really.

What did you hate about it?

I didn't like the layout, setting and the way to buy books - it was a while ago now (5 years ago maybe) and I am totally sure it is just me and my preferences there would be nothing wrong with them I just love my kindle more.

I don't want to put anyone off them though

I loved mine. I had one ages ago though. My only issues was sometimes the kobo bookstore didn’t have books before Amazon. I know it was only a day or so but it irritated me when I’d been waiting a year for the book. I believe they have fixed that problem now. I also believe that the Ebola bought via booktopia can be used on the kobo. Actually anywhere you can buy ebook a bar Amazon should work on it. (It uses the ePub format).

VeritasVinumArte

I should add I had a Sony prior. I have been ePub all along. Have over 1.5k books on it.

I have purchased my eBooks from Dymocks and other store too, not just Kobo.

We had a kobo. Loved the size and lightness of it. Very easy to read.

Despite having a case, dh knocked it off the lounge and broke the screen. It’s only 30cm and onto carpet.

Very fragile and it’s almost impossible to find someone who repairs or replaces the screen.

Amazon have let me know that kindle paper white is waterproof....

The frustrating thing about the kindle though is it isn’t compatible with other ebook types. Very few books are available on Libby in the .mobi format :( it’s why I haven’t bought one. That and Amazon has been screwing around with independent authors lately which I making me contemplate not buy from them anymore. But then I have authors I like that only publish to Amazon.

I know a bunch of authors will no longer be doing audio books due to the current issues Amazon has implemented making it so they are out of pocket and won’t make back production costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon have let me know that kindle paper white is waterproof....

I upgraded my old kindle to the paperwhite so I could take advantage of it being waterproof. I notice it's on sale on Amazon at the moment too.

Advertisement