IGNORED

Popsugar reading challenge 2021

riotproof

I liked the midnight library. It’s about interesting idea and I thought the main character was relatable. There were some beautiful lines in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Addie la rue was really, really good. Loved it.

For a book about forgetting, reread of What alice Forgot. Love that one. My fav Liane Moriarty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
riotproof

I just finished The idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville. Loved it. So much. Would strongly recommend.

Going out early and saying best book of the year so far.

A book on a subject you are passionate about - Australian Women Pilots by Kathy Mexted

A book by an author who shares your Zodiac sign - To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini

A book set in a restaurant - Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi (technically it's a cafe but the entire book is set there)

A book by a blogger, vlogger, YouTube creator or other online personality - Axiom's End by Lindsay Ellis

MonetAgain

I've been lucky and just about every book I have read so far fits into a prompt!

[highlight=yellow]* A book that’s published in 2021 - Girl A[/highlight]

* An Afrofuturist book

[highlight=yellow]* A book that has a heart, diamond, club or spade on the cover - Thursday Murder Club[/highlight]

* A book by an author who shares your zodiac sign

* A dark academia book

* A book with a gem, mineral, or rock in the title

* A book where the main character works at your current or dream job

* A book that has won the Women’s Prize For Fiction

* A book with a family tree

* A bestseller from the 1990s

* A book about forgetting

[highlight=yellow]* A book you have seen on someone’s bookshelf (in real life, on a Zoom call, in a TV show, etc.) - All the Light We Cannot See

* A locked-room mystery - The Hunting Party[/highlight]

* A book set in a restaurant

[highlight=yellow]* A book with a black-and-white cover - The Searcher

* A book by an indigenous author - The Yield

* A book that has the same title as a song - Trust[/highlight]

* A book about a subject you are passionate about

* A book that discusses body positivity

[highlight=yellow]* A book found on a Black Lives Matter reading list - The Vanishing half

* A genre hybrid - Cress

* A book set mostly or entirely outdoors - The Boy from the woods

* A book with something broken on the cover - The Kept Woman[/highlight]

* A book by a Muslim American author

* A book that was published anonymously

[highlight=yellow]* A book with an oxymoron in the title - Wicked Good

* A book about do-overs or fresh starts - Anxious People

* A magical realism book - The Midnight Library

* A book set in multiple countries - Sex and Vanity

* A book set somewhere you’d like to visit in 2021 - The Survivors[/highlight]

* A book by a blogger, vlogger, YoutTube video creator, or other online personality

* A book whose title starts with “Q,” “X,” or “Z”

[highlight=yellow]* A book featuring three generations (grandparent, parent, child) - An Unusual Boy

* A book about a social justice issue - Jasper Jones

* A book in a different format than what you normally read (audiobooks, brooks, graphic novels) - Marching Powder

* A book that has fewer than 1,000 reviews on Amazon or Goodreads - Edward Street Baby Farm

* A book you think your best friend would like - The Guest List

* A book about art or an artist - The Silent Patient[/highlight]

* A book everyone seems to have read but you

[highlight=yellow]* Your favourite prompt from a past POPSUGAR Reading Challenge - Winter (next in a series)[/highlight]

Advanced

* The longest book (by pages) on your TBR list

[highlight=yellow]* The shortest book (by pages) on your TBR list - The Raven[/highlight]

* The book on your TBR list with the prettiest cover

* The book on your TBR list with the ugliest cover

* The book that’s been in your TBR for the longest amount of time

[highlight=yellow]* A book from your TBR list you meant to read last year, but didn’t - Pull of the Stars[/highlight]

* A book from your TBR list you associate with a favourite person, place, or thing

[highlight=yellow]* A book from your TBR list chosen at random - The Silent Wife[/highlight]

* A DNF book from your TBR list

[highlight=yellow]* A free book from your TBR list (gifted, borrowed, library) - The End of Her[/highlight]

nightmarish

A book by a blogger, vlogger, YouTube creator or other online personality - Axiom's End by Lindsay Ellis

How did you find this book? I feel I had higher expectations since I really enjoy her YouTube content and it just didn't quite meet them. I've still ordered the sequel that's out later this year.

How did you find this book? I feel I had higher expectations since I really enjoy her YouTube content and it just didn't quite meet them. I've still ordered the sequel that's out later this year.

DH bought the book. I hadn't heard of her previously and haven't watched any of her content so I didn't have any expectations. I really liked it at the start. I liked the pace at which it unfolded and the story was interesting. I didn't love the ending and the direction it took, but will probably read the next one.

• 4 weeks later...

For something broken on the cover 

You belong here by Laurence Steed https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37415547

I am not sure what I thought about it. It was good. But not enjoyable. The characters were extremely human and not especially likeable. I’d like for them to be happy, but not out of any particular affection for them. 

• 1 month later...

Anxious People by Frederick Backman for a lock room mystery. Initially, I wasn’t sure, wasn’t in the mood. It seemed a folly to read something about anxious people when everyone was feeling so damn anxious, but I really, really liked it in the end. Just like Britt-Marie, I will think of the characters and hope they are happy. 

• Like 1

Advertisement