IGNORED

Sad. Very sad.

lazycritter

Saying goodbye to my darling companion of 18 years this morning. Our old tabby girl has been sleeping with me longer than my husband.

She started passing chunks of blood in her urine and we're already struggling with the old age diabetes. She's also got a heart murmur now.

We made the decision last night but I could not do it at the vets.

They are coming here soon to do it at home where she's happier.

Devastated

Edited by lazycritter

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazycritter

• nom_de_plume

• Over and out

• Froyo

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. I had to let my old boy (he was 21) go on Christmas Eve 9 years ago. I still cry about it every year.

I'm so sorry. Such a shit time of year to have to make a decision.

How did you get through the next day?

I'm probably going to have to run and hide every 30 mins

My heart constricts just thinking about it :( Please take some comfort in knowing how damn lucky puss was to have had you and your love all these years, and to not have had to suffer like so many do xxx.

I'm so sorry. I had to let my old boy (he was 21) go on Christmas Eve 9 years ago. I still cry about it every year.

I'm so sorry. Such a shit time of year to have to make a decision.

How did you get through the next day?

I'm probably going to have to run and hide every 30 mins

The decision was made for us as his kidneys and bladder had completely failed due to his age.

I honestly kept bursting into tears randomly but everyone in my family understood. I got him for my 4th birthday so we'd grown up together.

Go gently and cry as much as you need to xo

[mention]lazycritter[/mention] what a hard thing for you to do.

I hope that you and everyone else know that my likes are all hugs (and I am a v big woman so I give good bear hugs).

It is such a horrible thing to go through and your grief and sadness are understandable.

You might be someone who thinks about getting another pet soon or it might be that it takes a while or never.

From my experience, even though it feels scary to love again, those furry little creatures are worth having around once you’re ready.

Lots of love and hugs to you, and to the memory of your faithful little shadow.

😘❤️

I am so sorry lazycritter, I am sure everyone will understand your feelings.

My dog died five years ago just before his 17th birthday and that was the longest relationship I'd ever had and it was devastating.

So hard at this time of year, or anytime. Don't hide your tears, life long fur friends are just as hard as any other family member to loose. I lost my bff cat nearly 10 years ago and still have a tear when I think about her. She will.slways be my bff.

I’m so sorry. This would be heartbreaking for you. I lost my 17 year old girl this year earlier this year -she hung on for Mother’s Day but had a stoke the next morning. I think I cried for 3 days solid. My advice -cry if you need to. I found it cathartic and it helped to let the pain out. Losing a pet is very hard.

Thinking of you

Advertisement