As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

What has your pet destroyed?

Darryl

I have two cats. Casualties so far include our wonderfully comfortable padded bar stools, which were plucked to death and had to be replaced by hard timber ones. And now they’ve moved on to the leather dining chairs, chewing and clawing on the stitching. Leather couches have survived quite well, just a few scratches on one side. Wicker laundry basket has a massive hole in it

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• keirapep

• Dusty

• Laridae

• blueshoe

Top Posters In This Topic

gatheringpieces

Cats- tv, laptop, lounge, clothes dryer, backpack, kids lounge

Dog- lots of expensive shoes, other shoes, bedding, carpet, toys (so.many.toys), backyard, sanity and has done damage to our relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

lino in the laundry and my wardrobe door (she sleeps in there - her choice) and as a puppy chewed a hole in the door. She also destroyed a tapestry I had nearly finished that had take several years. My brother's dog has eaten some of the weatherboard on his house

The Finnish Lapphund girl I had for a couple of years (has gone back to live with her breeder/co-owner) chewed every corner of our bedroom suite, the couch and the centre console lid in my car.

it is a finnish lapphund my brother has that has be chewing on the weatherboards on their house

Where to start? Beagle pups are extremely destructive but ours is now about to turn 4 and all that has stopped luckily. In the early days she destroyed multiple shoes, especially thongs, undies (would chew the crotch out), socks, jumpers, tore things of the clothes line, dental appliances, a handbag, the plaster off the wall near her bed, multiple beds (she'd disembowel them), any chew toy we gave her. The only thing she didn't touch was furniture..... Luckily she has a fantastic personality :-)

• 2 weeks later...

My naughty greyhound had a go at our Gingerbread house last year.

The kids and I put so much effort into it. He ate most of the lollies, all of the woodland animals and Mrs Claus.

One of the down sides of being so tall.

He didn’t even feel bad about it, when I noticed he was roaching on the couch behind it.

Can’t say I’m surprised, he was the naughtiest puppy ever! 😄

DH's dog he had when we first met destroyed his car! He ripped apart the seat and chewed through the seatbelt.

He also destroyed a futon and plenty of garden plants

He wasn't a puppy at the time either.

DH's dog he had when we first met destroyed his car! He ripped apart the seat and chewed through the seatbelt.

my dog did that when she was younger. My back seat was trashed from her

my dog did that when she was younger. My back seat was trashed from her

Ours did the drivers seat. It was left with bare metal. DH was at a friends house and had to drive it home.

• 2 weeks later...
AmicusCuriae

Our dog is a killer of stuffed toys and dog beds. But, the toys she likes to sleep with and her bed and blankies in the garage remain bizarrely intact. She’s also destroyed numerous socks and a few hats. Thankfully leaves shoes alone. Initially she dug holes all over the backyard but seems to have outgrown that now is happy to dig in the bits DH has told her she is welcome to!

Our cat has left lovely claw marks all over our old leather lounge, from running up and across the back (often to avoid said dog). He is otherwise pretty good, but has a tendency to get himself stuck in strange places.

I bought some cat nip toys as a treat for the cats. The toys were ripped to shreds on day 1 and both cats went on a crazy bender tearing around the house. Kids were in hysterics & I explained that cat nip is a bit like a drug for cats.

A few days later we were watching the TV show RBT & the cops pulled over some young men in a car who were driving very erraticly & the cops said they suspected they had been taking drugs.

DD (7 years at the time) turned to me and said in a very serious voice “I think they have had cat nip” OMG I nearly died laughing 😆

Thank you so much for sharing your stories of your beloved furry families, my beloved Mr E had his last sleep early December. Bloody warms my heart to hear the antics of your broods.

Vale E

Thank you so much for sharing your stories of your beloved furry families, my beloved Mr E had his last sleep early December. Bloody warms my heart to hear the antics of your broods.

Vale E

sorry for your loss

Thank you [mention]keirapep[/mention] we received the most beautiful card from our vet just recently, really sweet, as it happened the vet nurse is our next door neighbor, she was wonderful with him, super cuddles and kisses. I told him silly stories of the daft stuff he did as he closed his eyes for the last time. Much loved.

He was a lazy old thing, if he’d had enough walking he’d just plonk, could not move him until he was ready. My kid would get anxious he’d plonk on a road.

Thank you @keirapep we received the most beautiful card from our vet just recently, really sweet, as it happened the vet nurse is our next door neighbor, she was wonderful with him, super cuddles and kisses. I told him silly stories of the daft stuff he did as he closed his eyes for the last time. Much loved.

He was a lazy old thing, if he’d had enough walking he’d just plonk, could not move him until he was ready. My kid would get anxious he’d plonk on a road.

that is so sweet of the vet to give you a card. He was surrounded by love right to the end. He sounds like a character

Advertisement