• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• keirapep

• Dusty

• Laridae

• Jenflea

Top Posters In This Topic

ClaudiaCosette

We don't have any pets now, but when I was 17 my family got our first puppy (a Border Collie cross). She chewed up my formal shoes the week before my formal. I couldn't afford to buy a new pair so I wore the chewed shoes on the night. Luckily my dress was long so they couldn't really be seen!

My one cat thinks he is a dog i reckon - he chews shoes and destroyed many that now we have to hide them (our walk in has no cupboard doors)

he's left teeth marks on corner of my laptop

Tissues. Now at 11, a tissue lying around goes in her mouth with this guilty look on her face, and then she spits it out, knowing she is doing wrong.

A huge block of butter.

My neighbour dogsits small dogs. While playing with her latest guest, she told us he had eaten a plastic doorstop. Not just chewed, but ate.

She had been warned he would eat anything. Now she's a believer.

Our 12 month old Bernese Mountain Dog eats anything that smells like our son. Toys, shoes, bedding - nothing is safe. If our son has touched it Buzz thinks it's snack-worthy. None of our other Bernese did this.

My Aussies are pretty good but I got up this morning to find one of them who had slept in the living area last night, got up on the kitchen bench and helped herself to $160 worth of arthritis supplements I was giving to my old dog for her arthritic wrists. She must have seen me giving them to her and thought they were treats. They were in two white plastic bottles inside the padded envelope they were posted in. They were sitting with a couple of containers of Extra chewing gum (similar to the arthritis supplements) and another container of Ester-C. She knew exactly what she was going for.

The Finnish Lapphund girl I had for a couple of years (has gone back to live with her breeder/co-owner) chewed every corner of our bedroom suite, the couch and the centre console lid in my car.

What hasn't he destroyed/eaten lol

Butter is fair game if left on any surface

steaks off the bbq

chicken wings/legs

baby dummies

dog beds

multiple teddy bears lost their limbs

the plastic covers for the drains

multiple cheese platters

left over nye party food

Nappies

Entire loaf of bread

Chopping Boards

Knifes...

THat's all I can remember at the moment lol (all of these things were up on benches/bins etc and he would find them!)

Our cat was pretty bad with clawing couches and also clawed the edges of DS’s play mat. And then there was the time we moved house and put a baby gate on the bottom of the stairs, only to realise our cat was climbing up the bannister to circumvent it and digging her claws into the soft paint. Had to explain that one to the real estate agent!

God, so much. Our two male cats who have now sadly passed developed severe anxiety issues which manifested in urine spraying. Things that couldn’t be salvaged after spraying included

A computer monitor

A couch

Books

Kids toys

Cushions

Blankets

90% of the vertical blinds in the house

Christmas inflatables

A spare car seat

A Dyson vacuum cleaner

I sat down to add up the cost at one point and got too depressed

The cat destroyed the underside of all our old couches/lounges, because she liked to "nest" inside the couch.

She also got on the bench and stole our dinner last week (chicken). She's broken more things than I can remember, because she likes to push things onto the ground to smash, despite being deaf and not being able to enjoy the sound of smashing.

My (rather old) leather lounge is now covered in scratches from my newest cat. this couch has survived 2 other cats and a small child, but this boy cat will be the death of it.

Shoes, toys, washing, garden hoses, carpets, the actual backyard (digging), electrical cables (unplugged!), our zen like hairfree existence. But we wouldn't be without our dog. 😊

Hills Mum Bec

We used to have a dog that would go nuts for chewing irrigation piping. We eventually realized that we just couldn’t have a functioning sprinkler system because she would just rip it out of the ground.

Our cat is quite partial to chewing up earphones when the kids leave them lying around.

We once had a dog who chewed up my hair brush. That may not seem too unusual until I add that the handle and back where not touched, she just chewed each of the bristles off level with the head.

That same dog also worked out that if she went down the 2 steps into the kitchen at the right angle, being a Rottweiler/Sheppard cross, she was just the right height to swipe things of the bench next to the door. I may have been forced to apologize to my brother for yelling at him for stealing the biscuits I was making. She was also responsible for eating a bunch of bananas, after peeling each one, of course.

Hmmm. We've always had German Shepherds. One puppy was in the yard when they delivered the new phone books. Remember phone books? We then had a quarter acre block. Ever seen a quarter of an acre of phone book?

Then another was shut in the laundry for 10 minutes (his 'time out' room), so he ate his way out of the door. Just a crappy cavity door, not well made, but he did a good job of it.

Our first dog ate a jar of jam. I wasn't worried about the jam, but he'd bitten the jar open, and I couldn't find all of the pieces of glass. His mouth was cut, but no further consequences, luckily. He also saw the neighbour's cat (whom he hated) on our verandah once, and he charged at it full speed. All 50Kg of him. Only he was inside when he charged.... floor-to-ceiling picture window needed replacing. He wasn't hurt at all. I think he hit it so fast that it just exploded outwards. We came running to find him standing on the verandah surrounded by broken glass and looking rather surprised, like 'Wow, that cat sure packs a punch'.

They’re older now but as puppies:

A hardwood coffee table. Our wedding album. A bookcase full of books. Every single couch cushion we owned (feather-filled cushions 😲). Every outdoor dog mat bought for them.

Weirdly, never interest in shoes...

When I was growing up our dog would jump up onto the kitchen bench and help herself to any food left out. She ate an entire loaf of bread once, as well as several things wrapped in gladwrap.

Our blinds and chilli plant- that is just the past few days!!

Ha. That reminds me. We came home one day after recently purchasing a small chilli plant to find a single chilli sitting on the back step, with tooth marks in it. Somebody learned a lesson about not helping themselves!!

Same dog also ate cucumbers off our cucumber vine. Vine was on the other side of pool style metal fencing so dog was using a paw between the metal uprights to pull the vine (and thus cucumber) through the fence to eat.

My parents leather sofa.... They took it well I thank God.

In funnier news, she helped herself to my coffee the other day!

She has previously helped herself to my herbal tea before. It's an hilarious video, not sure if it's the boiling water or the taste that she flinched too!

We are still in the middle of things being destroyed with a 15 month old beagle. We’ve only had him for 4 months. So far:

- socks

- tea towels

- fabric door stops

- homework

- multiple beds and rugs

- soft toys

- computer charger

- head phones

- thongs

- floor rug

- bottom of our couch.

And the best one is a plaster wall. We have a half plaster wall with a couch in front. He has nibbled on the wall ...... in multiple places.

It’s getting better but only as we are better about putting things away. Any tips about the plaster wall would be appreciated!

Edit: I forgot the remote control!!

Advertisement