As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to ALL of our forums. ×
IGNORED

Has anybody used an automatic/timed pet food feeder?

Hills Mum Bec

Hills Mum Bec

Has anybody used an automatic/timed pet feeder for their cat/dog?

Thinking this might be a good solution for our cat for when we are away on long weekends without having to take her to the cattery.

I'm thinking something like this: https://www.catch.com.au/product/petscene-6l-automatic-pet-feeder-wi-fi-enabled-smart-dog-cat-feeder-with-app-remote-control-6913736/?offer_id=34952666

Our cat only eats dry food and we would only use for short trips away.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hills Mum Bec

• Ozgirl

• Rilees_Mama

• humblebumble

Top Posters In This Topic

We have these on the go all the time, our cats aren't gluttons so we don't need to watch what they're eating. So another alternative if its workable. We also use the water ones too!

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/perfect-pet-food-dispenser-3-7l-cream/p/90128/.

I use this daily.

My cat didnt scoff her food. We always left for max 3days.

With enough food and water. She was always fine.

Hills Mum Bec

We have these on the go all the time, our cats aren't gluttons so we don't need to watch what they're eating. So another alternative if its workable. We also use the water ones too!

I use this daily.

My cat is not a huge scoffer of her food but she is on prescription food so it does need to be measured.

tinselfoil hat

I’ve not used one sorry OP. I’ve often thought it would be good to reduce meowing around mealtimes for my scoffer but he might not love me anymore if I don’t feed him 😭

I use this daily.

My cat is not a huge scoffer of her food but she is on prescription food so it does need to be measured.

Mines on prescriptive food too.

Jersey Caramel

Yes we have one that we use for our cat. She is a massive guts so if we left a dispenser of food I am pretty sure she would eat the whole lot in the first hour we were gone and then starve the rest of the weekend!

We have this one: https://www.petcircle.com.au/product/eatwell-pet-feeder-5-meal/pfd11-13707?&iv_=__iv_p_1_a_6561714677_g_78407524933_w_pla-854753556479_h_9071771_ii_9071759_d_m_v__n_u_c_385668479714_k__m__l__t__e__r__x__y_9484867_f_online_o_PFD11-13707_z_AU_i_en_j_854753556479_s__vi__&gclid=CjwKCAiAxp-ABhALEiwAXm6IySEMWc0-RTtxSMxi5BXeI_mOvNCqMtUYmdZl8hxNxDXSfbfqA1Z17hoCpGMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It can only do 4 meals really but that's fine for a weekend, or if we are going away a bit longer then we have a friend or neighbour come in to check on her and refill the feeder every 2nd day.

It is also handy if we know that we will be out all day past her dinner time... or if we don't want to be woken by her at 6am for her breakfast!!

Hills Mum Bec

Yes we have one that we use for our cat. She is a massive guts so if we left a dispenser of food I am pretty sure she would eat the whole lot in the first hour we were gone and then starve the rest of the weekend!

We have this one: https://www.petcircle.com.au/product/eatwell-pet-feeder-5-meal/pfd11-13707?&iv_=__iv_p_1_a_6561714677_g_78407524933_w_pla-854753556479_h_9071771_ii_9071759_d_m_v__n_u_c_385668479714_k__m__l__t__e__r__x__y_9484867_f_online_o_PFD11-13707_z_AU_i_en_j_854753556479_s__vi__&gclid=CjwKCAiAxp-ABhALEiwAXm6IySEMWc0-RTtxSMxi5BXeI_mOvNCqMtUYmdZl8hxNxDXSfbfqA1Z17hoCpGMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It can only do 4 meals really but that's fine for a weekend, or if we are going away a bit longer then we have a friend or neighbour come in to check on her and refill the feeder every 2nd day.

It is also handy if we know that we will be out all day past her dinner time... or if we don't want to be woken by her at 6am for her breakfast!!

Thanks, this one looks good. It would only be for 3-4 feeds max, any longer and we would take her to the Cattery. DS19 is usually at home too but he’s not too reliable on making sure the cat is fed.

Hills Mum Bec

i wish - but my one cat loves you walking to her bowl and watch her start to eat. you dont have to stay there though....weirdo lol

Oh yes, our cat will meow for food when she still has food in her bowl. She will follow you when you as you walk into the laundry to check if there is food in her bowl and will eat it when she sees you there but I have no idea why she can't check for herself and has to go through all the noisy meowing rigmarole.

I think mine did that the other day with the automatic feeder.

She was crying and lead me to her 'bowl' so i shoved my finger in to get more to come out and she happily chomped away.

It's rare.

we moved between the main house and the granny flat morning and night. and she has the automatics feeder upstairs. occasionally i forget to keep the downstairs bowl with dry and she lets me know in the morning!

• 1 month later...
Rilees_Mama

I got ones from Kmart, I think they were $30 (similar to the petcircle one posted above). Can't find them on the website now. They have 6 sections, so enough for 3 days for my cats. Pretty easy to use, and the food is all gone when I get home.

Advertisement