IGNORED

Shit, my cat got out

Ozgirl

My parents doors are sliding and she has figured out how to get out.

If been binge watching TV and didnt notice her sneak out. Its. Been a while - an hour or two at a guess?

Not sure what to do.

I have put her litter outside and now just sitting here after roaming the back yard and neighbours yard.

She is basically a support animal to me. She is my replacement baby even before I lost Jack.

What if she doesnt come back?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• Kallie

• nomviv

• Molly

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't read and run. Have you and she lived in the house for long? Cats are really clever so I bet she is taking advantage of the unexpected freedom and having an explore and soon will get hungry and come back. Huge hugs though. I totally understand the fear. Hopefully Ms Cheekycat will come home for food asap. Hang in there.

Thanks Moly.

We have basically been living at my parents for over 6mths.

She has explored before, and im hoping she will come back for food etc. But not sure how im supposed to sleep right now.

About 2 weeks ago she got out for about an hour and just slauntered in the front door.

Sending positive vibes - one of my cats got out the day I moved into a new share house and she stayed hidden in a neighbour’s yard for 9 days until she was found! I hope your cat comes back and doesn’t keep you up late tonight x

I know the feeling. It sucks that there's nothing you can do but wait. In my experience it's pretty normal for them to wander for a few hours or a day even and then come back like there's nothing wrong. She's probably hiding somewhere really close by that you just can't see or get to, with a smirk on her face.

Im trying to call her name with no panic in my voice...

Depends on the relationship you have with your cat but the cat I am closest to (had her for 14 yrs and we sleep together every night) only responds when I am panicked and can’t find her :(

I learnt this one day when she disappeared from the backyard and I started hysterically calling for her and crying — I then heard muffled meows and she was calling out to say she was fine and just decided to burrow underneath our deck! So panic can work on a stubborn cat who loves you.

Oh hun. Cats are pretty good at coming back, calling around sunset and sundown are good, your voice will travel and cats are usually active at those times.

Check in sheds, under house etc, and ask neighbors to check theirs. Often when cats don't bring themselves home it's because they've got trapped in places like that.

It's not been long, so chances are good that kitty is nearby, I hope they're back with you soon xx

Okay, panic can work (also trying not to wake my parents...)

We are very very close, she sleeps with me everynight.

Was talking to a friend about training her and how she is not motivated by food. More like affection.

She got trapped in my parents garage (my dad is a horder) thats my biggest fear, she is trapped someone and cant get out.

She normally cries though.

She has got out a couple of times here. And we have only noticed when she dries to be let in!

Fuck,

Found her.

Was watching TV and heard a god awful noise - cat spoiling for a fight noise. Went running after it (not an easy feat.... Fuck)

But she is now inside.

No idea what she was preparing to fight with!

Fruitmincepies

Phew!

My parents have my brother’s cat at the moment and my mum is totally terrified that something like that will happen to their cat.

My mum is terrified too.

There may have been a moment not long after Jack that I was hysterical - I am much calmer nowadays. Thankfully.

But damn it I know have a granny flat full of bugs!

Glad she's home!

Both my cats were indoor only at my last house, had those fence rollers and they could never escape. At my new house, I have them as well but the yard is much bigger and my boy can escape. My girl thankfully cant figure it out. I worry about him all the time, but I dont feel I can never let them in the backyard as its a small house. Ive had a few strays in my backyard harassing them both :(

I want to add to my rollers to make it impossible for him but I need another 1k probably as the yard is so large and I just can't afford it right now.

Hills Mum Bec

So glad you found her. My cat got out a few years ago and was gone for the whole weekend. I was beside myself with worry as we live one house away from an 80km/hour main country road that has a lot of trucks. She likes to hunt mice in our garage that is attached to the house but DH came home, didn't realise she was in there and opened the motorised roller door because he needed something in there to put in his car (we don't park cars in there. Cat got spooked and bolted out the roller door. She was gone for two nights then on the third night we heard her meowing at the front door at about 2am. I swear she slept solid for about 3 days after that little excursion.

Thanks everyone

Well despite the magical V drug I still had a restless night sleep.

She had a great night sleep in the middle of my legs. We are currently upstairs in the main house And she has trotted off to the grandkids bunks beds and continuing to sleep.

Advertisement