IGNORED

I don't think I'm ever going to be ready for this.

FiveAus

This morning my old dog, my darling 13 year old girl Dusty got up and wobbled alarmingly, had trouble walking, looked very confused and has rapid eye movement. We have a vet appointment later.

She is lying under the dining table, where she usually lies, doesn't seem in any pain but isn't following me around like she normally does.

I'm not ready for this. I was never going to be ready for her getting old, she's the best and most beautiful girl in the whole, entire universe. And I can't imagine life without her.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FiveAus

• Ozgirl

• Ker

• Bethlehem

Top Posters In This Topic

Hills Mum Bec

I'm so sorry to hear this FiveAus. Our animals become such a part of our family and it's always hard to see a loved one struggle and to prepare for the end. I know how much you love your dogs, sending you lots of love and strength to get through this. xx

I’m so sorry [mention]FiveAus[/mention] .

Fingers crossed the vet visit helps. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Edited by Vicbitt99

I'm so sorry, Hoping for the best. My current is my heart dog, soon to be 12 with failing eyesight. We have to be careful not to move things around too much for her but it reminds me she won't be round forever

Oh gosh, how very concerning. Im so sorry FiveAus. I hope the vets can give you some help.

I hope you get some small comfort in knowing that no matter what happens she has had the most wondeful life being a part of your family. You have made her happy every single moment she is with you and from what you have shared over the years she adores you equally. X

Well, the news isn't as dire as I thought...she has canine geriatric vestibular disease, and while it looks dramatic, she will recover with some meds. Oh thank goodness! I was prepared for the worst so I am over the moon with relief!

Advertisement