• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• la di dah

• purplekitty

• marple

• Okelydokely

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good I was hoping I didn't sound bad. I love food names for pets.

Does anyone have a white one? How hard are they to keep not gross looking? I don't need artificially white but like is it hard to keep them reasonable? I have a white cat who does it all himself and looks surprisingly sparkly.

I was told by one person "don't get white" because of pee or tear stains but is it really bad?

I have not at all picked a favourite colour, I've heard different things about certain colours being cleverer or sillier. Or harder to keep nice. Thoughts?

Does anyone have one with a shaggy face or trimmed long mustache? I saw pics of a poodle done as a faux schnauzer (just in hair style, it was not a schnoodle) and it was cute as hell, but wonder if it would fill with slobber and kibble bits.

I realised that a big part of my trepidation around no-shed coats was my one non-shedding dog I had as a kid was generally looking like a compost pile (complete with leaves and sticks) who was usually gross to touch. I'm going to be able to keep up more as far as baths and pay for grooming every six or eight weeks so it shouldn't be nearly as yurgh.

You've got me thinking now. I was pretty set on a whippet and was just going to lie to DH and tell him that they don't shed much, but maybe I should look into Poodles....

Guest BusbyWilkes

We “groom” - using the word loosely! - ours at home. Good quality clippers, you tube and the idea that there is only 1-2 weeks between a bad haircut and a good one, and you’re fine.

I don’t like white ones as the ones I’ve seen/known do have stained fur. I’m not sure why but it’s the staining around the eyes that bothers me more than the wee stains. Not sure if that is all white ones, or just the ones I’ve known.

Off topic, but is it inappropriate to refer to somewhere as the Jewish Ghetto? I’m not local to the area, so maybe I’m missing something......

The white ones do get tear stains.

One of our breeders, who had been breeding different varieties a long time, said the Silvers had the best temperament and the Orange/Apricot the most neurotic. That was our experience.

We have Partis as well and they have lovely personalities.

Advertisement