IGNORED

Today sucks!

Lees75

I have an appointment at 3.30pm today to get my dog, Jack put down. In my head, I know it is the right decision, as his back 2 legs are paralyzed and the meds have done nothing, but I am finding it harder than I thought I would.

Photos from last night:

5-CFC5-E67-E8-E8-4-FA9-A26-C-EA6-B9-B2-C3355.jpg

B00-F3-C75-4741-41-DB-B23-E-530-EB2-C49-B68.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lees75

• BECZ

• ClaudiaCosette

• magic_marker

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I’m so sorry for you all.

Those are really lovely photos and I hope those last nice memories will help you through a tough time. He is gorgeous.

It’s never easy making that decision but it sounds like you know what’s best for him even though it is so hard.

I will be sending you all sympathetic hugs

Oh gosh. That is so sad, I am sitting here looking at my 18 year old dog knowing that this decision will be sooner than later and I can't imagine how it will feel.

Thinking of you and your gorgeous children, I am sure Jack has had a splendid life and he will fall asleep knowing how loved he is.

Oh I'm so sorry hun, knowing it's the right thing doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. Sending heaps of love and hugs to you and your family xx

Oh that really does suck, but you are ultimately loving him so much which is a beautiful thing.

I’m glad you have those lovely photos and hope you get through the day, however you can. Xoxo

That's tough. I can never get rid of the feeling that perhaps there's something more that could be done, when I know full well that there isn't. I just so hard to accept the truth, isn't it?

He's a gorgeous boy.

Decisions Decisions

When they are having more bad days than good days I think it is the right decision for them but it doesn't make it easier as an owner. The day you have to make that decision is the one bad day amongst all the years of good days when you have a dog.

Sending love to you, your family and Jack.

ClaudiaCosette

Oh no, how devastating. I hope you are looking after each other today and remembering good times with Jack. He is beautiful and I'm sure he brought so much joy to your family. How old is he?

Thanks everyone. You kind words mean a lot!

[mention]TeaCat[/mention] , he is 13.

I am about to go outside and try and wash him a bit. We have had to keep him still inside for so long, but this morning I figured it wasn’t going to make any difference, so I let him out and he dragged himself all over the yard. He is now filthy and covered in prickles but had fun!

Advertisement