• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• Over and out

• purplekitty

• Basil

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartened by today's Vic presser. Looking towards us all being able to move everywhere within Oz in the not too distant future ('Xmas') if things keep going as they are.

Sentient Puddle

I was a bit worried with the latest outbreak but today's Vic numbers have been heartening! Looking forward to going somewhere that is not in my 5kms (yes I know I could have in the last week - just didnt feel like I wanted to or needed to).

My sister has already messaged me today to say borders should be open by Xmas for me to visit her. We had been talking about doing Xmas together this year at her place in Canberra... before Covid. Im not going to get my hopes up just yet, but it would be really nice.

I don’t know what to make of this from Naomi Wolf.

That's...an interesting take.

Pointing out that civil liberties are being impeded alarmingly in many places and that a lot of dodgy people are making a lot of money from this is perfectly reasonable and completely terrifying but tying it to the idea that numbers are inaccurate seems a bit dicey unless you are arguing that it's nothing to worry about at all.

That seems like a hard case to make on available evidence.

If anything, I would wonder if the cases in the us are actually being understated? Not out of deception necessarily, just mistrust and the health system.

Unless Scummo is going to take responsibility for what happens if Vic opens up, he should shut up. As he has not taken responsibility for any of his stuff ups, this is highly unlikely. Butt out fedwits unless you are going to help.

FeralAndIKnowIt

Geez he’s infuriating.

I feel awful even thinking this (like felt like vomiting in my mouth when the thought sprung to mind), even worse typing it out. But as horrendous Tony Abbott is, I feel like even he would have been a better leader during this pandemic than Scummo.

Geez he’s infuriating.

I feel awful even thinking this (like felt like vomiting in my mouth when the thought sprung to mind), even worse typing it out. But as horrendous Tony Abbott is, I feel like even he would have been a better leader during this pandemic than Scummo.

I can't stand watching or even listening to him, he makes me want to scream!

Geez he’s infuriating.

I've had the same (disturbing) thoughts. I can't imagine any recent PM being as inactive and useless during a pandemic. God even if it was becuase it was because they were on a oower trip and wanted more control.

Scummo is just completely out of his depth.

Geez he’s infuriating.

I've had the same (disturbing) thoughts. I can't imagine any recent PM being as inactive and useless during a pandemic. God even if it was becuase it was because they were on a oower trip and wanted more control.

He's actually no better in this regard than Trump. When I read about him making derogatory comments about Democrat states, and how they should open up, I feel so sorry for the citizens receiving conflicting advice, then I think well, same thing happening here. Wouldn't it be nice to even hear a few words of thanks from our PM for how we've done? They have the gall to talk about the mental health of Victorians - the same people who insisted that no one took their own life over 'robodebt' and 'that doesn't mean the debts don't exist'. Scumbag.

FeralAndIKnowIt

Geez he’s infuriating.

He's actually no better in this regard than Trump. When I read about him making derogatory comments about Democrat states, and how they should open up, I feel so sorry for the citizens receiving conflicting advice, then I think well, same thing happening here. Wouldn't it be nice to even hear a few words of thanks from our PM for how we've done? They have the gall to talk about the mental health of Victorians - the same people who insisted that no one took their own life over 'robodebt' and 'that doesn't mean the debts don't exist'. Scumbag.

It would be so nice, but no, nothing but more and more unhelpful comments.

PocketMacrophobia

I think I just read zero new cases in VIC?!

Can someone check so I know I'm not seeing things?

That's correct! Finally donuts!

:D :D :D :D

Advertisement