IGNORED

COVID-19 general discussion

Zeppelina

I'm OK with States closing their borders, but not to their own residents.

Not when their own residents are the ones paying for health, education and their homes in that State!

It would reduce the burden on the outbreak State which is busy battling the outbreak if the other states carefully process the return of their own residents, taking their details, following up with testing and isolation if needed.

Provided of course the daily numbers in the outbreak State wasn’t really high and it wasn’t spread far and wide in that particular State. Risks for interstate residents need to be balanced and not totally born by the outbreak State.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• Over and out

• purplekitty

• Basil

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't GB wear a mask?

EFG.

Well, she doesn’t follow her own Health Department guidelines on isolating while waiting for Covid test results so...

EFG.

Well, she doesn’t follow her own Health Department guidelines on isolating while waiting for Covid test results so...

I reckon she gets the health advise, checks it with SM and then her mind is made up. Read into that what you will. :D

@Jolly_F I think they know who to be relaxed with and who not to. Otherwise they wouldn't have known which car to check for the drugs. LOL

With the first Qld border restriction, the Police Service said that they had managed to interrupt and effectively stop the interstate drug trade rofl.

That's funny. They had a major drug bust at the NSW/VIC border. That's the one l'm thinking of.

Guest Megsmith

EFG.

I reckon she gets the health advise, checks it with SM and then her mind is made up. Read into that what you will. :D

Doesn’t want to upset scummo and murdoch.

After crossing into Victoria early this morning, I wonder what is the point of the border closures. It was so very easy to get through.

There was no ID check (to make sure I was the permit holder), no questions about symptoms, no questions about how we travelled through NSW or even if it was a direct transit...

It was got your permit, quick glance, ok good. Where did you come from, say Qld, they say not Brisbane, I say no blah, they say all good, enjoy Victoria.

I expected more, much more. They are just relying on people to tell the truth. It would be pretty easy to get through even if you have been in a hotspot based on that experience....

Maybe it was the time we went through and they were just like meh who can be bothered, I don’t know but it seemed a little lax for what Vic wants to achieve.

I gave this a like because i am so glad you are able to get to Tasmania.

After crossing into Victoria early this morning, I wonder what is the point of the border closures. It was so very easy to get through.

There was no ID check (to make sure I was the permit holder), no questions about symptoms, no questions about how we travelled through NSW or even if it was a direct transit...

It was got your permit, quick glance, ok good. Where did you come from, say Qld, they say not Brisbane, I say no blah, they say all good, enjoy Victoria.

I expected more, much more. They are just relying on people to tell the truth. It would be pretty easy to get through even if you have been in a hotspot based on that experience....

Maybe it was the time we went through and they were just like meh who can be bothered, I don’t know but it seemed a little lax for what Vic wants to achieve.

I gave this a like because i am so glad you are able to get to Tasmania.

Yes too right. We hope you have a safe journey over.

And l'm sure that once you enter your details into a database, they're going to know what you had for breakfast and what time you took a dump before you even got to the checkpoint. So relaxed! Waste water testing :twisted:

With all the stress in Australia regarding COVID, this was sobering to read in The Age

There have been 750,000 fresh coronavirus cases worldwide over the past 24 hours, Professor Kelly says. In Australia, seven of eight jursidictions have recorded no new local cases today (NSW reported three).

There were 1000 deaths in the UK on Saturday and 4000 in the US.

Advertisement