IGNORED

A vaccine with 90% effectiveness

Iamferalz

Apparently Facebook is going to remove Covid 19 vaccine misinformation. Let’s hope other social media outlets follow.

I’ve actually seen one case of this already! The post wasn’t removed, it was overplayed with a ‘false information’ warning.

I have discovered I have a couple of anti-vax Covid conspiracy theorists on FB (school parents newly friend-accepted) so for the first time in years am seeing this kind of stuff on there!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lou-bags

• Iamferalz

• Andi

• Ernegirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeek. I am going down the anti vaccine rabbit hole with my sister on the family WhatsApp group. She thinks Covid sufferers in aged care can be treated with vitamins. She quoted an immunologist called Delores Cahill who believes you don’t need to socially distance, wear face masks or have lockdowns. This woman is also a Eurosceptic too, which my sister did not know about. I can’t believe there are immunologists who do not believe in social distancing - how else do we catch colds?

Eeek. I am going down the anti vaccine rabbit hole with my sister on the family WhatsApp group. She thinks Covid sufferers in aged care can be treated with vitamins. She quoted an immunologist called Delores Cahill who believes you don’t need to socially distance, wear face masks or have lockdowns. This woman is also a Eurosceptic too, which my sister did not know about. I can’t believe there are immunologists who do not believe in social distancing - how else do we catch colds?

I'm not an expert, but is she actually an immunologist? Although she works in medical research, does she actually have a degree in medicine?

To me it looks like the answers to those questions are no but I don't know how to interpret much of her bio.

https://people.ucd.ie/dolores.cahill/about

eta:

She teaches a topic in which:

"The purpose of the module is to inform the student on the many ways in which recent discoveries and topical issues in science and medicine impact on our individual lives and on society."

"Students should develop an understanding of how societal factors, as well as standards of practice in scientific research and medicine determine the health status of the population."

Good grief.

I'm not an expert, but is she actually an immunologist? Although she works in medical research, does she actually have a degree in medicine?

To me it looks like the answers to those questions are no but I don't know how to interpret much of her bio.

Not a doctor of medicine.

Apparently Facebook is going to remove Covid 19 vaccine misinformation. Let’s hope other social media outlets follow.

I’ve actually seen one case of this already! The post wasn’t removed, it was overplayed with a ‘false information’ warning.

I have discovered I have a couple of anti-vax Covid conspiracy theorists on FB (school parents newly friend-accepted) so for the first time in years am seeing this kind of stuff on there!

I may sound dramatic but reading some of what has been written online by who I thought were my intelligent friends has left me feeling really really flat and despondent.

I am at the point when I feel I do not know them and I will find it very hard to engage with them at the end of this COVID debacle. Talking about 40 plus years of friendship here.

eta:

She teaches a topic in which:

"The purpose of the module is to inform the student on the many ways in which recent discoveries and topical issues in science and medicine impact on our individual lives and on society."

"Students should develop an understanding of how societal factors, as well as standards of practice in scientific research and medicine determine the health status of the population."

Good grief.

She is certainly whacko. Apparently it was her own students who reported her and she has resigned from UCD.

In good news, I spoke separately to our mum who was a bit worried about the vaccine. She is one of those first in line in the UK to get the Pfizer one being over 80. She wasn’t convinced by my sister’s posts. She is going to talk to her GP but plans to proceed with it. She still goes out to shops and takes another elderly friend to medical facilities for blood tests so she really needs to get it.

Advertisement