• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• LemonMyrtle

• Andi

• magic_marker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone. Everyone feel like we are holding our breath fir tomorrow's numbers? I am glad it's a public holiday and us 3 are all at home.

I came home from a hectic day at work and was floored by the news from eb. I'm so grateful to mistermum for setting up this forum.

I'm terrified we are going to explode with covid again, and the lockdown was for nothing. Feels like i need to do as much as we are allowed to right now, because I'm irrationally convinced we will be lockdowned again.

In comparison to this time last night, I am feeling nervous, but a bit optimistic

I panicked about Casey

I panicked about chaddy

I panicked about Shepparton

They were all ok

Everything crossed this will be the same

Yay. Back to having a safe place!

Last week of remote learning finally done. Reclaiming my study on Saturday. Last time I kept it set up for the 3 of us in case they went back to remote learning - this time - Nope!!!

DD year 12 last week next week. Hoping the restrictions might be lifted somewhat so they can finish school at lunchtime and go eat somewhere

Made it! :D

Many thanks to Zeppalina and Mister Mum!!

You know, I really need some likes! And a drink!

Big props to you also for all you've done with the slack and getting the forum going too! (And yep to needing some likes... and some better emojis?)

Hmmm I’m hoping we get lucky for once with this North Burbs outbreak. If the kid that went to school had a mild case (which seems possible if it was picked up in routine day 11 tests, not due to symptoms), then they might not have passed it on much... guess we can only hope the various rings of quarantine are correct and hold, so it doesn’t go further even if there are additional cases.

Hi awesome Vic people. So glad not to be losing you all.

Can anyone confirm for me that no rules have changed that I am not aware of.

DD has been invited over to a friend's house on Saturday and for a sleepover because the rules are changing. I said no, the rules aren't changing.

Then I bumped (in a socially distanced way) into another school mum at the supermarket and she also thought things were changing in Saturday making sleepovers possible.

Have I missed something? We are metro - only barely, but metro nonetheless.

I'm Northern suburbs too so am nervous at the number of people asked and relied on to isolate. It seems so close.

But we've kept pretty close to home ourselves, it's mainly DDs school I'm nervous for.

And with the EB news tonight I've been too distracted to worry and ruminate so far. Silver lining I guess?

I think it's from Nov 1 and it'll need to be confirmed by an announcement - the expectation is one other household can visit.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/second-step-coronavirus-roadmap-for-reopening

The whole reopening thing feels daunting to a lot of people - my work discussed a traffic light signal idea as to how willing you were to get back into normal life, eg green ok let's go, red I'm totally not ready to see anyone yet!

ETA this is the comprehensive page, click through to the details: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/second-step-restrictions-metropolitan-melbourne-covid-19

How many visitors can I have to my house?

If you live in metropolitan Melbourne, you cannot have visitors to your home unless they are providing care, childcare or urgent and essential services, they are your intimate partner, or they are in your ‘single social bubble’.

Greetings Vics! Such a rapid and smooth transition over here. Good work and thanks esp. to Mister Mum and Zeppelina. Love the new but still reminiscent identity. A new beginning. Ahead of the game on new normals. Vanguard bumps!

I think it's from Nov 1 and it'll need to be confirmed by an announcement - the expectation is one other household can visit.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/second-step-coronavirus-roadmap-for-reopening

The whole reopening thing feels daunting to a lot of people - my work discussed a traffic light signal idea as to how willing you were to get back into normal life, eg green ok let's go, red I'm totally not ready to see anyone yet!

ETA this is the comprehensive page, click through to the details: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/second-step-restrictions-metropolitan-melbourne-covid-19

How many visitors can I have to my house?

If you live in metropolitan Melbourne, you cannot have visitors to your home unless they are providing care, childcare or urgent and essential services, they are your intimate partner, or they are in your ‘single social bubble’.

This is how I understand it too - from next weekend (1st Nov) not this one. Although, they said there may be more announcements this Sunday.

I'm actually optimistic about this 'outbreak'. Even if there are cases, we've got 500 people in quarantine, to catch it, and he's 11 with negligible symptoms. According to Brett Sutton, 70% of people don't pass it on, which is incredible. We now have the sort of numbers where all resources can be thrown at one instance of there being a problem.

I notice CovidLive have updated their site, and are now showing both the cumulative case numbers AND the raw numbers for each day, so we can obsess accurately about the number dropping of from 14 days ago.

Advertisement