IGNORED

VIC COVID-19 support thread #2

Darryl

(and, uncharitably, wishing that Press Conference Pest Rachel would come down with tonsillitis and SHUT UP. I initially wrote COVID, but she'd probably spread it everywhere and we'd lock down again.)

Yes it would be a pity if she contracted an unfortunate case of laryngytis and lost her voice ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• magic_marker

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Andi

Top Posters In This Topic

(and, uncharitably, wishing that Press Conference Pest Rachel would come down with tonsillitis and SHUT UP. I initially wrote COVID, but she'd probably spread it everywhere and we'd lock down again.)

Yes it would be a pity if she contracted an unfortunate case of laryngytis and lost her voice ;)

It would be a change from verbal diarrhea.

It must be on the cards considering how dehydrated she must be.

A big thank you to all of you here who got tested recently - you’re the reason the lockdown’s ended.

The numbers were just wonderful. 130k over 5 days I think I heard.

212,000 l'm happy to say!

Even better! Thanks for that. I was doing something at the same time.

Rachel got the claws out now. 🙄

Dan, Jeroen and Brett were firing on all cylinders today. Great to see them push back and deal with yet more of the same old questions .

I couldn't watch yesterday's presser, because Mondays was just so awful.

I couldn't really hear the questions today (ABC wasn't picking them up well, and noisy children) but yesterday, Alex I think it was started asking about last year's curfew not being on the advice of Sutton yet again 😴

ContentedFleur

She'd probably turn up at the pressers anyway and act out her inane questions via charades. At least that'd be entertaining.

She'd probably turn up at the pressers anyway and act out her inane questions via charades. At least that'd be entertaining.

The poor auslan interpreters. They don’t deserve that 🤣

Oriental lily

Does anyone know for sure ( as sure as you can be at this crazy time ) that Tasmanian borders will stay closed until two weeks from a local covid case in vic ? DH and two of my girls were supposed to fly to Tassie for a wedding next week end . I am presuming they will have no travel for none essentials for a good while but DH is still clinging to hope now the lockdown is lifted . Google seems to confirm this but maybe ???

Well done again ,Victoria.

I really think there will be many articles written in the future about how Victoria dealt with some challenging situations and the cooperation of Victorians themselves.

Does anyone know for sure ( as sure as you can be at this crazy time ) that Tasmanian borders will stay closed until two weeks from a local covid case in vic ? DH and two of my girls were supposed to fly to Tassie for a wedding next week end . I am presuming they will have no travel for none essentials for a good while but DH is still clinging to hope now the lockdown is lifted . Google seems to confirm this but maybe ???

I think that remains the case - they haven't announced anything to the contrary and it is what they've done before. However, QLD is treating this cluster slightly differently, so there's some hope for Tassie I think.

Glad schools back. Everything else is meh. As long as working from home is still a thing, we basically live a lockdown life anyway. We are boring, and stuck at home working, 90% of the time.

Was going to swim at the in-laws Friday but can’t now cause SIL has decided her family is visiting instead. So that’s annoying. But I’d rather not be there when she is anyway, so we likely would have cancelled either way.

I'm very very glad at schools going back, lockdown circuit breaker ending..and look at the test numbers and contact tracing results! That's a lot of Victorians who got tested and absolutely stonking effort by the testing and lab staff.

Huge thanks to the remaini g hundreds? (thousands ??) of people still isolating the remainder of their 14days so that the rest of us can go out

Ok Auckland has dropped a level so pretty much on par with us, except they don't need masks indoors and they have to have single person, seated service in bars and resturants. The poor high school is staying closed and everyone at the school has to return a negative by next week to be able to return.

We are all probably celebrating.

Advertisement