IGNORED

Mask recommendations

PocketMacrophobia

PocketMacrophobia

I've come across a few links recommending mask suppliers and then not been able to find them again. Some may have been in the old site even. So I thought it might be helpful to have a thread to put them all in?

Or if anyone has specific questions re fitting?

I'm looking for masks that fit small faces. Kids sizes are too small but many women's sizes are too big. If anyone has any suggestions?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amdirel

• Kiwi Bicycle

• PocketMacrophobia

• MsLaurie

Top Posters In This Topic

RynandStompy

Another recommendation for Bundarra masks as they're very adjustable with straps. My daughter is 10 and fits kids mask without adjustment, leaving room for an adult or teen with small face to wear it too.

VeritasVinumArte

Bloch 3 pack of masks. We prefer the plain fabric ones to the print ones. Different fabric is used for the print ones.

They have kids and adult. The kids though is more for smaller kids. My 10yo wore the adult ones too (but my kids have big heads).

The ear straps are adjustable so fits my 10yo plus my DH. DS1 who has sensory issues is fine with the plain fabric of these masks.

https://www.bloch.com.au/collections/b-safe-classic-mask

I like the Uniqlo masks - no pretty patterns, but light and breathable, and very reasonably priced. They have multiple sizes, including for small adult faces.

And masks are definitely easier to come by these days. Saw so many shops stocking them when out Christmas shopping - clothing stores, Lovisa jewellery stores, typo, etc, from fashion accessory styled one through to boxes of the disposable ones

I bought some facemasks during the bushfire season last year from https://www.breatheazes.com.au

They are usually $20 but currently on sale and very good quality with a variety of prints. They are reusable/washable and have 5 layer filter paper you place inside the mask. They have adjustable ear straps and wire nose piece.

PocketMacrophobia

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I've got some from Smiggle, good fit but only two thin layers; Kmart kids and adults, not comfortable; one from a local shop, comfortable and think, uses the filters but rises up over my eyelashes lol.

Kiwi Bicycle

The Masque Co here in Melbourne are doing South Korean made masks that come in 4 sizes ( you measure ear- tip of mose- other ear) and are made some fabric that is been tested to resist bacteria and viruses so can be a single layer. Very comfortable and cool.

I'm in Melbourne and have been using masks from https://theaesthetical.com/collections/masks . They are cotton, adjustable, reusable and really comfortable. I wear them all day in a supermarket doing manual work.

Unlike others I've tried these don't fall down under the nose when I'm talking, my glasses sit on top so don't fog up, my teen dd wears them and loves them (as much as you can a mask) too.

Too tired to care

Sister works is a charity for women refugees. They make the masks and at least half of the money goes to the refugees.

I have found them comfortable and all my family use them. I bought them in early March just before melbourne lockdown and they have worn well. I didn't orginally buy the ones with a filter but put tissues in the pockets as an extra layer of protection. but you can now choose colour and ones with or without filters.

https://sisterworks.org.au

The Masque Co here in Melbourne are doing South Korean made masks that come in 4 sizes ( you measure ear- tip of mose- other ear) and are made some fabric that is been tested to resist bacteria and viruses so can be a single layer. Very comfortable and cool.

I second these. Very light, don't rub your ears and don't get wet quickly from breathing out through them

https://themasqueco.co/

I found some good ones at Peter's of Kensington. Light weight with adjustable ears. I bought some early on from home made ebayers but just found them too heavy and the straps really hurt my ears. I now only look for ones with adjustable ears straps. We all have very different face shapes and a one size definitely doesn't fit all.

AnythingGoes

I second these. Very light, don't rub your ears and don't get wet quickly from breathing out through them

https://themasqueco.co/

Another vote for these. We've got heaps of different masks and these are by far our favourites. Particularly for warmer weather.

Cotton on ones are good - adjustable straps, wire nose piece. Fit well on me and my girls. And reasonable price.

These are the ones we have. I like them so far. They are comfortable. Lots of cool patterns :)

I made mine (and hundreds at the start of the pandemic, not going to make any more now). I find the wire bridge to be important. Fits to the nose so it doesn't ride up and glasses can fit properly and not fog up.

Another vote for the 3 pack from bloch. DH and I each have 3 of these and a few other cheapies and these are by far the favourite. I love the strap around the neck as I have just kept wearing it around my neck even when they became optional and put it on when needed. Great for work (teaching) when we didnt need to wear them when teaching, but I would wear it walking around the classroom.

I'm sewing my own.

I was wondering though if anyone can tell me, how many reusable masks you need per person? I'm in NSW so only need them for "indoor public areas". I don't need them for work as I wear surgical masks there. I don't do public transport but 3 x kids do.

Any advice?

I was wondering though if anyone can tell me, how many reusable masks you need per person?

how often will they be washed and how reliable are your kids in wearing masks properly?

I get away with 1.

grubby kids maybe 7 a week!

I was wondering though if anyone can tell me, how many reusable masks you need per person?

how often will they be washed and how reliable are your kids in wearing masks properly?

I get away with 1.

grubby kids maybe 7 a week!

They are older, so no problems there.

Don't you change them every 4 hours? Not that I'm expecting to hang out at the shops for 4 hours anyway...

When the kids went back to school after lockdown in VIC and needed to wear masks all day, I bought them from Source Protect. They are excellent quality and have been the most comfortable of all of the different brands we have for them to wear all day. I bought 10 for $49.95.

https://shopfacemasks.com.au/#:~:text=SOURCE%20PROTECT'S%20mission%20is%20to%20provide%20you%20with,way%20to%20you%20within%20in%201%20business%20day

Advertisement