IGNORED

QLD COVID-19 support thread

Babetty

It’s gone very quiet in this thread. I’m assuming Brisbanites are busy packing and have set off on their holidays 🤣

I’m at home isolating while I await test result. Any contentious threads atm?

I am too busy packing and cleaning my house for my impending interstate move next week.

Our local F&C shop was very crowded with customers today - all wearing face masks. The staff (and there were at least 10 of them) were not wearing masks. (in a confined space)

We left.

I have no idea about the shop you went to, but would it have met these requirements:

hospitality venues such as restaurants and cafés (not required for patrons while seated; customer‑facing staff only)

Because thems the rules listed on Qld govt website.

Eta - however could be overidden by this rule: indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance)

Because that is confusing

I'm trying to find out if that means if you're a 1B health care worker, does that mean your spouse is eligible or is it just for 1A families?

purplekitty

I'm trying to find out if that means if you're a 1B health care worker, does that mean your spouse is eligible or is it just for 1A families?

I can't find any information on offical websites.

My interpretation of the news article was it was just households of 1A who worked directly with covid patients.

I’m waiting for the press conference and hoping the delay is due to it being the Easter weekend and not bad news...

Only 1 new community transmitted case, close contact who is linked to the Northside cluster.

Person has been in quarantine since before they were infectious. Their first test result on the 27th was negative and this subsequent test was positive.

Interesting that both ‘leakages’ have occurred with patients staying in a particular room (not at the same time). They are looking into the room to see if it is just coincidental or if there is something wrong.

Princess Peach

It's airborne.

Time for official recommendations for PPE and protocols to reflect that.

Totally stupid question, but what changes with the PPE requirements & protocols if it’s confirmed as airborn?

purplekitty

Oversimplification but the extension of N95 masks etc. to more personel and the recognition that current distancing stipulations are not effective.

These are the Fed. recommendations.

Some workplaces have instituted higher standards.

I just want to have a little whinge. I was waiting in a nice, socially distanced queue for coffee today, and some people decided that the gaps in the line were their invitation to jump in. I'm not the type to make a fuss, so I stood there for twice as long as I should have, silently seething that people don't follow the rules.

I would have been you a couple of years ago. One of the very few nice things about menopause is I could not give a fuck anymore. Friends/family are floundering as to whats happened to me. I'm *liberated* LOL.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Sancti-claws

Bumping this up in case we need to go searching for it.

I just read on another thread that the NT miner was Kappa - is that right?  I thought it was Delta and given that there is a Sunshine Coast case related anxiety started rising (more).

I edited as I realised I didn't answer your question. All I can find now though is NT believe it's Delta. Sorry I couldn't help. 

Pigeonpairplusone

Confirmation it’s delta in miner in the Sunshine Coast. Mask mandate for most areas from 1am tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I'm feeling really shaken by it all. Just that deja vu sense of waiting each day to see the numbers and check the contact tracing lists....

After seeing the Premier's broadcast this morning, DP and I went to the shops (just for today's food...no panic buying).  We wore masks, as per Anastasia's request (though not law till tomorrow 1am).

As I walked away from the Fruit and Veg shop register I heard the (teenage) shop attendant say to her coworker "Why would anyone want to wear a mask?" - obviously in reference to my mask when they are not required officially yet.

I didn't go back and say anything.  Wish I had.  

I saw few people today wearing masks at major Westfield in Brisbane.

• Angry 2
  • Sad 2

Oh no!  3 day lockdown.  

I’m worried about the young woman who went to Townsville and Magnetic Island who is now positive.  Sitting on the edge of my seat for the genomic sequencing results.  

• Crying 1

Advertisement