As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

WA - Covid SUPPORT Thread

Darryl

Fruitmincepies

How about the remains of a cyclone to finish off the crazy week? Not impressed that it’s going to be a rainy weekend after a week stuck at home.

Fruitmincepies

Hopefully it will put an end to the fire at least!

Yes, I really really hope it does that.

What is everyone planning to do today? I need to get the kids (DD in particular) out to do something.

[mention]Fruitmincepies[/mention] I have no idea what to do with the kiddos.

Mine are bouncing off the walls 🙄 I don't particularly want to be anywhere indoors at the moment either 👀

My kids have dancing this morning 9-12 so that should do us for the day. I go for a run when they are in their classes and the weather is good for that (well it’s better than 34 degrees). Tomorrow will be getting ready for school again.

I hadn’t seen that, thanks :)

I’ve just walked the dog & needed a hoody! It’s quite cool today. Going to a friends house for birthday drinks which feels a bit weird, but is permitted.

Fruitmincepies

We ended up going to the markets and are at a nearby playground with a great nature play area. The rain has sent everyone else home. I’m hoping DS will have a nap on the way home as it’s been over a week since he’s had a nap, and we are having a family birthday dinner tonight so he needs to be able to stay up a little later.

I’m not thrilled on having to wear a mask for another week but understand why it’s required. I feel really uncomfortable and unbearable wearing one but I think it’s because mine is too big and doesn’t fit properly. Will see if I can get a better one this weekend. I wanted to go out for breakfast tomorrow seeing it’s the last day before school goes back but DH said to wait until we don’t have to wear masks so we have settled on takeaway tomorrow night instead.

I’m not thrilled on having to wear a mask for another week but understand why it’s required. I feel really uncomfortable and unbearable wearing one but I think it’s because mine is too big and doesn’t fit properly. Will see if I can get a better one this weekend. I wanted to go out for breakfast tomorrow seeing it’s the last day before school goes back but DH said to wait until we don’t have to wear masks so we have settled on takeaway tomorrow night instead.

Have you tried adjusting the ear loops? You can kind of cross them over then loop them on some masks, this tightens it and also stops it riding up towards your eyes. They are very annoying, I have to wear one at work all day 😩

PocketMacrophobia

I think it takes time to get used to masks as well. I didn't wear them in WA except for the Dr but started when I came to NSW in shops etc. I feel odd not wearing them now.

I can imagine going from zero, or close to zero, use, to any time you're off your property would be hard.

I've been wearing disposable face masks (I get them easily from work), but I'm feeling pretty guilty about either throwing them away, or (gasp!) wearing them more than once.

Any good sites for getting them, with some expectation that I could get a couple before the compulsory mask wearing period is over. Would love to get something a bit more interesting than basic black.

(ps - if I order some and never get to wear them I will chalk that up as a win though!)

Fruitmincepies

I bought some from the Masque Co, ordered on Tuesday and they arrived Thursday morning, with express shipping. They seem pretty comfy, and they donate a small amount to the arts.

[mention]egg[/mention] I got some cute ones off Etsy 🙂

I had the smart idea to order both disposable and resusable for work. So permanent staff will be given 2 reusable and some disposables. Then casuals get disposables (which will be located in all our vehicles, tool containers and storeroom).

They are pretty snazzy with our logo on them. Advertising at its finest 😆

Downside is I don't like the fit of either 🤷‍♀️😂

• 2 months later...

Apparently people are already crowding to the shops - hope everyone's stocked up on toilet paper already, it will be sold out soon enough.

Fruitmincepies

We may need this thread again soon, we are waiting on an emergency presser at 2. Please no lockdown!

I know! I’m feeling pleased that we went and did fun stuff this morning, just in case. Maybe it will just be masks.

Fruitmincepies

Apparently people are already crowding to the shops - hope everyone's stocked up on toilet paper already, it will be sold out soon enough.

DD insisted I buy two packets of 12 last week - her reasoning was one pack for upstairs and one for downstairs. So I’ll be able to supply all the neighbours if needed...

brisketbuns

I know! I’m feeling pleased that we went and did fun stuff this morning, just in case. Maybe it will just be masks.

I'm really hoping it will just be masks! But I'm preparing myself mentally for another lockdown.

We may need this thread again soon, we are waiting on an emergency presser at 2. Please no lockdown!

Oh god nooooo. My PIL are supposed to arrive Saturday. Actually we have had a huge amount of people arrive in our town recently. I can do masks. Even though I feel like I'm being suffocated as the hot weather make them worse.

We bought one of those HUGE packs of toilet paper on sale a week or two ago, so should be fine. However a bit low on foods.

Advertisement