• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STBG 2

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Bornagirl

• TinCat

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone has to die from " something" but why did it have to be that.

Sir Tom, you provided a shining light in a difficult time. Thank you for your service.

Sir Tom, you provided a shining light in a difficult time. Thank you for your service.

So true. Presumably with no family by his side because it WAS covid.

This is what I hate, hate, hate about Covid. We know it's overwhelmingly the elderly, who are deprived of having a good death by Covid.

This is what I hate, hate, hate about Covid. We know it's overwhelmingly the elderly, who are deprived of having a good death by Covid.

Not quite so bad, but he was allowed family by his side.

"It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our dear father, Captain Sir Tom Moore,” his daughters Hannah and Lucy said in a statement.

“We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life ... We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together."

Not quite so bad, but he was allowed family by his side.

"It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our dear father, Captain Sir Tom Moore,” his daughters Hannah and Lucy said in a statement.

“We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life ... We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together."

That;s good to hear, thanks. I wonder why they were permitted to be there, when just about every other case I've heard of (anecdotally) part of the tragedy is dying alone, with poor health care staff comforting so many as they die that many will be traumatised for ever by the experience.

Perhaps they've had their (at least first) vax?

From what I've read he died with Covid, not of Covid. He already had pneumonia? So maybe the family was allowed as they had already been with him and he was brought in to hospital due to pneumonia not Covid. They found he had Covid when they administered the test routinely?

From what I've read he died with Covid, not of Covid. He already had pneumonia? So maybe the family was allowed as they had already been with him and he was brought in to hospital due to pneumonia not Covid. They found he had Covid when they administered the test routinely?

But Covid causes pneumonia. It sounds like he just hadn't been tested until he went to hospital.

Oh this is so sad. I’m glad he had his family by his side. I read reports on Monday he was in hospital due to covid and pneumonia. But that his family also had it? So that might be why they were allowed by his side, if they were already infected then they wouldn’t be at risk of catching it.

If he tested postive for COVID he is a threat to other people despite what other illnesses he had though. Pneumonia from Covid 19 is the cause of most COVID admissions to hospital.

Lizzybirdsworth

Aww how incredibly sad.

I started watching that video and just couldn’t do it. The song is already hard for me to listen to (played at my nannas funeral).

Rest peacefully Sir Tom ❤️

I felt the same way, it seems very cruel.

I guess that's the point though, COVID is cruel in so many ways.

Advertisement