Welcome guest! You are invited to register a free account to access our member-only forums.

Who's getting the vaccine?

ANNODAM

Awards

He should of been given the Pfizer then (or given an option).
Why was he not given a choice?
This is my beef with this mass vaccination shit, just give us a choice, FFS!

No one in my family are getting vaccinated & that includes MIL in a nursing home.

EFS:
purplekitty

Awards

What Pfizer vaccines?
Daniel Patrick Moynihan — 'You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.'
LemonMyrtle

Awards

Kiwi Bicycle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm I have to shake my head at the 65 year old guy who had a clot issue, describing himself as fit as a fiddle before his vaccination.

I don’t believe in coincidences,” he told The Courier Mail. “If I’m fighting fit, vertical, extremely active one minute and then on my death bed the next. The only thing that’s changed is the AstraZeneca vaccine that I’ve had.
The civil engineer was on blood-thinning medication and also had type 2 diabetes and two stents in his heart.
On the coronacast Dr swan said that pre existing conditions are not related to the blood clot thing you get from the vaccine. The vaccine blood clots are a specific condition that is caused by the vaccine. And very rare. So women on the pill and other people with blood clot risks, aren’t at greater or lesser risk of getting the vaccine blood clots.
STBG +2

Awards

ANNODAM wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:55 pm He should of been given the Pfizer then (or given an option).
Why was he not given a choice?
This is my beef with this mass vaccination shit, just give us a choice, FFS!

No one in my family are getting vaccinated & that includes MIL in a nursing home.

EFS:
He chose to have the vaccination, we can all choose to have it or not, like you have chosen. He could have chosen to wait for a Pfizer but he didn't, it's not like there has not been transparency about this rare blood clotting.
Thankfully there are still plenty of people who care for community enough ( as evidenced by the turn out at the vaccination hubs) to take the ridiculously low risk.

Vaccination is the only way to end this pandemic.
BKK

Awards

the symptoms of vaccine-induced clotting, as they were known so far, included:

Severe gut pain commencing 4–20 days after receiving the vaccine
A persistent headache unresponsive to paracetamol
A general feeling of systemic unwellness beyond four days after the vaccination
Stroke-like symptoms, seizures or vomiting

the stroke-like symptoms, also known as a transient ischaemic attack, could feel like:

Dizziness
Transient loss of speech or balance
Weakness on one side of the body
Confusion
Blurred vision
BKK

Awards

So the basic advice is if you are feeling unwell after having the AZ vaccine, see your doctor.
Iamferalz

Awards

Pfizer and Bio Tech expects to make $34 billion in vaccine sales this year and their business model projects high revenues for years to come due to the likelihood that Covid will not go away and will be endemic in the world, with fast developing variants needing repeat doses of the vaccine.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 57oxk.html
Bornagirl
Subscriber

Awards

Watch all the naysayers get vaccinated when they find they're being left behind / can't visit.

Once we have sufficient numbers vaccinated, we will be able to be more relaxed (home quarantine etc) and just like the flu, covid WILL be in the community. To protect those in aged care, it will be like the bad flu year - no vax no visit. My BIL was furious, claiming 'his right', yeah well others have rights too, and sometimes they trump yours.

(I'm not talking about people with good reason not to be vaccinated.)
Beanette
Subscriber

Awards

Julie3Girls wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:31 pm
Kiwi Bicycle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm I have to shake my head at the 65 year old guy who had a clot issue, describing himself as fit as a fiddle before his vaccination.

I don’t believe in coincidences,” he told The Courier Mail. “If I’m fighting fit, vertical, extremely active one minute and then on my death bed the next. The only thing that’s changed is the AstraZeneca vaccine that I’ve had.
The civil engineer was on blood-thinning medication and also had type 2 diabetes and two stents in his heart.
Doesn’t matter how fit he is. Fact is, if he on blood thinners and has diabetes then he has preexisting medical conditions. How can he not see that?
My DH is a HCW and the stories he can tell about getting a medical history from patients as a medical student:

"Any health concerns or conditions I should know about?"
"No, I'm fit as a fiddle!"
"Any regular medications?"
"Oh, just my insulin, my blood thinners, my thyroid medicines......"
STBG +2

Awards

Beanette wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:40 am
Julie3Girls wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Doesn’t matter how fit he is. Fact is, if he on blood thinners and has diabetes then he has preexisting medical conditions. How can he not see that?
My DH is a HCW and the stories he can tell about getting a medical history from patients as a medical student:

"Any health concerns or conditions I should know about?"
"No, I'm fit as a fiddle!"
"Any regular medications?"
"Oh, just my insulin, my blood thinners, my thyroid medicines......"
This is true. Feeling fit because you are on these medications is a miracle of science. There is a difference between actual fitness and feeling fit.
Of course I am most grateful that medications do just that for so many people.
Bornagirl
Subscriber

Awards

qak wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 pm Is there a relationship between the clotting issues and diabetes?
I wouldn't have a clue about any of that, but as per pp, presumably not.

What there IS a relationship with, is the treatment for condition X, when you are already on a finely balanced combination of medications for conditions A & B. That was me for several decades, any new condition made harder to treat because of the impact it would have on either the condition, or the effectiveness of the medication for those conditions, or the risk of adding further medications into the mix.

Anyways, it was explained to me very carefully, that if I developed anything on the separate list for day four - twenty, then seek medical help asap.
ANNODAM

Awards

Bornagirl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am Watch all the naysayers get vaccinated when they find they're being left behind / can't visit.

Once we have sufficient numbers vaccinated, we will be able to be more relaxed (home quarantine etc) and just like the flu, covid WILL be in the community. To protect those in aged care, it will be like the bad flu year - no vax no visit. My BIL was furious, claiming 'his right', yeah well others have rights too, and sometimes they trump yours.

You do realise people can still see & visit their relations (the ones residing in nursing homes I'm specifically talking about) despite not being vaccinated?
Ask me how I know!
Bornagirl
Subscriber

Awards

ANNODAM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:40 pm
Bornagirl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am Watch all the naysayers get vaccinated when they find they're being left behind / can't visit.

You do realise people can still see & visit their relations (the ones residing in nursing homes I'm specifically talking about) despite not being vaccinated?
Ask me how I know!

You do realise we don't have sufficient numbers vaccinated??? Which is the premise of my post.

Read my post again. When we had a bad flu year, many aged care homes required visitors to have had the flu jab, or no visit for specific period. I've told you how I know, so I'm not sure why you're conflating that with something else!

I clearly realise everything else that is happening, and that given many people are not yet eligible for the covid jab, it would only be an idiot who thought unvaccinated people could not visit.

In time, when everyone's had the opportunity to be vaccinated, and covid is circulating the way flu currently does, what do you think is going to happen? Exactly the same thing is going to happen: a small outbreak, sorry, no vax no visit.
amaza

Awards

I'm fully vaccinated for covid. I'm just waiting a few weeks past the recommended time frame for the flu shot and I'll be good to go for winter.
Chchgirl

Awards

The facility where i work visitors need proof of flu vax or no visit.
Etta

Awards

I had my first AZ shot yesterday. I was crook last night - shivering, exhausted (but couldn't sleep) and I vomited. I knew there were probable side effects so I booked it for the start of a few days off work. I am still a bit groggy today. Based on my experience I would advise people not to commit to anything for a day or two after your vacc. But I am glad I had it - no regrets.
STBG +2

Awards

Ask me how I know!
Just because you can doesn't mean you should nor that it will continue that way if too many people decide to not vaccinate.
STBG +2

Awards

Having any chronic disease or medical condition whether it be diabetes or something else means the body is less able to cope when they are faced with some medications or indeed another health condition and often means that treatment is less effective.
I can not find anything about a particular correlation between diabetes and the vaccine thrombosis issue but it is just that if you have diabetes your immune system does not respond the same way as a healthy person's does. Sick people just usually get more sick unfortunately.
ANNODAM

Awards

Bornagirl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:01 pm

Ask me how I know!

You do realise we don't have sufficient numbers vaccinated??? Which is the premise of my post.

Read my post again. When we had a bad flu year, many aged care homes required visitors to have had the flu jab, or no visit for specific period. I've told you how I know, so I'm not sure why you're conflating that with something else!

I clearly realise everything else that is happening, and that given many people are not yet eligible for the covid jab, it would only be an idiot who thought unvaccinated people could not visit.

In time, when everyone's had the opportunity to be vaccinated, and covid is circulating the way flu currently does, what do you think is going to happen? Exactly the same thing is going to happen: a small outbreak, sorry, no vax no visit.

I am not talking about CV-19 vaccinations, I'm talking about the Flu.
I KNOW not everyone has been vaccinated for CV-19, duh!

I am telling you people who have NOT been vaccinated FOR THE FLU can & still see their relatives in Nursing Homes.
Lees75
Subscriber

Awards

This will be state dependent. In SA, it is currently against the law, unless you fit a medical exemption category.
Lisa
DS17 and DD14
ANNODAM

Awards

STBG +2 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:14 pm Just because you can doesn't mean you should nor that it will continue that way if too many people decide to not vaccinate.

You don't say!
Bornagirl
Subscriber

Awards

ANNODAM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:27 pm
Bornagirl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:01 pm

Ask me how I know!

I am not talking about CV-19 vaccinations, I'm talking about the Flu.

I am telling you people who have NOT been vaccinated FOR THE FLU can & still see their relatives in Nursing Homes.

And I'm telling you, and a pp is telling you, that some can't and have in fact been refused permission during a bad flu year.

I'd be wary of any place that didn't place restrictions if flu was around.

Why does your personal experience trump our personal experience.

Some aged care homes are hopeless, as we all well know. Glad ours stopped our BIL visiting during a bad flu year.
ANNODAM

Awards

All I'm saying is there are loop holes.

I don't GAF personally, I get the freebie flu jab every year due to being an Asthmatic, so I have no reason to act dodgy.
Anyone wants to see my Cert. of Vaccination is welcome to but stop posting that you can't see your relations if you're unvaccinated, 'cause that's just bullshit!
Julie3Girls

Awards

ANNODAM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:27 pm I am not talking about CV-19 vaccinations, I'm talking about the Flu.

I’ve found that the ban from visiting during flu season tends to vary a lot. Different homes will have different rules, some will be stricter than others, with insistence on vaccinations, others will just ask you to stay away if you have flu symptoms, some just don’t seem to care
Can also depend on where you are ... local areas know if they are having a majorly bad flu outbreak, and respond accordingly.

So yes I completely believe you that you know people who visit nursing homes without vaccinations. I also believe that other homes do insist on vaccinations during flu season, or during a bad flu outbreak.

It’s the same at the moment with Covid - when there is an outbreak of Covid in a local area, they are shutting the nursing homes completely. Once vaccinations rates are up there and available to all, maybe next year who knows, I have no doubt that vaccination status could be a factor,
Catzilla

Awards

We would have had to provide evidence of flu vaccination to be able to visit my MIL in her aged care facility last year, but we didn’t need to provide any proof just a few weeks ago. Not all facilities will be exactly the same country wide though.
Formerly Sandy Paws