IGNORED

Who's getting the vaccine?

amdirel

So who is part of the first groups of people to get the Pfizer vaccine?

Is it compulsory at your work or voluntary?

If voluntary, will you get it?

Just curious. Ours is coming next week I think.

I think I'm classed in the second round of people. I'm hesitant because there are other vaccines I can't have or where we had to assess the risk vs the benefit (flu vax is one). The lack of data on that front makes me want to wait it out a bit longer.

I’ll be in the last group (except for the kids of course). Same for my husband and my 19 yr old DD.

Guessing Dd will be compulsory as she works as an early childhood educator, and things like the flu vac is already a requirement, assuming this one will be too.

I was wondering if they will put any other professions as priority, once they are further in. Like teachers/educators who work with kids who can’t be vaccinated yet.

Dd2 and dd3 are in the children category - although I’m not sure as Dd2 is 17, and I’ve seen both 16 and 18 listed as cutoff for a “child”

I expect to be down the list somewhere, but I'll take it when I can get it. Hopefully I can get it through work, same as the flu vax they give us for free each year.

This is an excerpt from a letter I got from my doctor a few weeks ago:

covid-vaccine.png

I had a very unfortunate birthday last year that I'm still in denial about. Anyway, the birthday puts me into Phase 2a.

Kids will split between phase 2b and 3.

DP is in category 1b and work have advised him he will be vaccinated in March. The rest of our household will be in 2b (last category). Vaccination for us is expected to occur around the end of 2021.

I'll be at the bottom of the list (apart from children), but DH's work has applied to administer the AZ vaccine. He'd be 1b I think? Non-frontline HCW.

PocketMacrophobia

I'll be in the last group and I'll get it as soon as I can.

All three of my besties and their kids have various serious allergies or immunity conditions so I keen to do everything I can.

I’m in 2a based on semi-ancientness. My BIL in the US is getting his second Pfizer shot tomorrow and has already planned a day off given the known side effects.

I’m 2b, but 20weeks pregnant so not sure what the go is there? DH is also 2b.

Will definitely get it at some stage - just not sure if I’d get it while pregnant.

I had a very unfortunate birthday last year that I'm still in denial about. Anyway, the birthday puts me into Phase 2a.

Kids will split between phase 2b and 3.

Same re unfortunate birthday last year slotting me into 2a and children in both 2b and 3.

I will get the vaccine as soon as I am called up. It will be one step closer to being able to reunite with overseas family assuming a vaccine passport will be needed to re-enter Australia.

DH and I are 1b, kids will be last. I’ll hopefully get mine by mid March through a hospital I operate at. I’ll take the first chance I can get

I think DH will be either 1b (due in on having had a couple of mild heart attacks in his 40s) or 2a (due to being now in his late 50s). I’m at the back of the queue in 2b. We’ll both be getting it when the time comes. DD is not quite 7, so she doesn’t qualify yet.

Edited by Catzilla

DH and I are in bog-standard 2B - mild asthma doesn't get you into 1b, sadly.

Ah well. We'll get it, of course, first chance we get. Possibly through work for him, as he's a public servant, but we'll see at the time.

Dd2 and dd3 are in the children category - although I’m not sure as Dd2 is 17, and I’ve seen both 16 and 18 listed as cutoff for a “child”

Pfizer is 16+ and Astra Zeneca is 18+.

I’m 1b - nurse, working in oncology. Dh is 2a because, like a few others upthread, he had an unfortunate milestone bday last year. The kids are only young, so no chance they will be vaccinated any time soon, which is great because it gives me time to work out how I’m going to bribe them... needles and sensory issues do not make for happy vaccination experiences!!

DH is 1b (diabetes)

I am 2b

The kids are 3

None of us are in professions where it is mandated. We will all get it as soon as we can. The kids have already started thinking about what bribes they will demand. They know an opportunity for toys when they see one!

Husband is 1b due to age, I’m 2a due to age, unless the Gp decides my medical history moves me up. I think I’m healthier than she does ha ha.

I notice they have the subgroups listed in most categories so I’m guessing that’s taking into account shortages, delays etc.

I'm glad to read so far of people being willing to get it.

At work we are presumed it would be compulsory. They've now said it's voluntary, and so many people have now said they're not getting it! I understand some hesitation; I'm a little hesitant but have done some more reading today and feel a bit better about it. My colleagues can be a bit... dramatic and suggestible... for lack of more polite words. So it's unfortunate that I think many of them will say no because someone on Facebook said it's dangerous etc. But then maybe if a few of us jump in and get it, others might follow.

Advertisement