IGNORED

One positive thing a day in (or coming out of) lockdown

Mose

Hi folks

I thought we could have our "one positive thing a day" thread start up again, as I suspect finding and celebrating the positives will be equally important over the coming months as it has been of late.

My positive for today is a proper coffee, on my own, brought to me in bed, while I find my way around this site.

I am also very much hoping to report back in later in the day with another positive, being two negative covid results. I'd be super surprised if we were positive, but it will be good to have it confirmed that we aren't. (We being myself and DS.)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mose

• CCABW

• Silverstreak

• Ballogo

Top Posters In This Topic

The sun is shining!

Hope you get your results soon Mose.

Oooh, two more positives.

1) I worked out how to quote

2) I am in receipt of two negative results, which is definitely a positive.

Nice one Mose!

Lots of positives for me today. The sun is shining a little, I'm not cooking dinner and I've tidied the upstairs rooms a bit.

I exchanged some old pillows for new fluffy ones that I'd forgotten I'd bought, changed the bedlinen and towels and got rid of some old toys. Also did a load of washing, will hang out after I've taken DS to the park.

I'm heading to Spotlight in about half an hour. This is insane. I'm not much of a shopper.

Why am I doing this? I have no idea. Maybe just to be around people who sew/knit/quilt/craft/whatever. These are my soul people, and we are converging on our spiritual home.

Annoyingly, my "like" button only seems to appear in threads I haven't previously posted in. Consider yourself all liked. (Not a complaint. I love everybump and will work it out eventually).

Yesterday's positive was making gingerbread, which DD loves. Can't say I really do, but it made her happy. Then I smashed half the batch up and made it into gingerbread rocky road. Which made me very, very happy in a rich chocolatey and completely unnecessary way.

Positive for today - the turn around in DD's attitude since returning to school. When she initiated a conversation with me after school on Monday I wanted to run to my room and cry (from happiness!).

Have bought a couple of cute little cosmetic bags for my handbag from Big W. Everything ends up at the bottom, so hopefully this way it’s easier for me to find a comb, hand sanitiser etc. These have cranes on them (birds not machines!), so cute.

We drew a picture on the brick pavers of what our new deck will look like. And moved the bbq into the garden. We just have to use our imagination that the area is decked for a bit longer...it made me smile though.

I am on a bit of an organising bender at the moment, which I'm enjoying. Today I organised my little set of drawers that holds my jewellery, packed away some clothing, bagged up two bags of clothes to toss out, threw out some old toiletries, tidied the linen drawers and I'm working on how to organise my handbag. The cupboard under the kitchen sink is still terrible though, avoiding that one!

Advertisement