As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Is anyone "bubbling" this week?

Mose

Princess Peach

Despite the messaging from the tourism body, I am still firmly in the camp of family reunions happening, not holidays. I have a large number of Kiwi clients & majority of them are either going to visit family or expecting visits from family in the next couple of weeks.

It’s actually made for a lovely change at work listening to all these happy stories.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mose

• BKK

• Chchgirl

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

Because some people are Kiwis? I thought that would be pretty obvious in this thread.

Will you be heading over soon?

What are your plans?

I’m sure this first flush will be family reunions, but probably by mid-year there will be Aussies wanting to go skiing, and Kiwis wanting some sun. Hurrah we’re both doing well enough for this to be possible and bring on Singapore!!

The scenes at the airports in Australia and New Zealand today are proof that this bubble was desperately needed and wanted.

Look at those reunion photos and try not to cry.

Because some people are Kiwis? I thought that would be pretty obvious in this thread.

Will you be heading over soon?

What are your plans?

November to see family and friends and do some sorting, won't be moving back till about February, no rush 😊

The scenes at the airports in Australia and New Zealand today are proof that this bubble was desperately needed and wanted.

Look at those reunion photos and try not to cry.

I have friends who were on the first flight from Melbourne today taking their new baby to see the family. Apparently there was alot of people crying at the airport before they left as the flight was full of toddlers and babies being taken to see family ♥️.

I cannot wait until the world reopens that we can take our toddler and new bub to meet the family in Europe and just hope the grandparents are still alive to meet the little people who were named after them.

I got a bit teary watching the airport reunions on the news!

Same here!

Might have been more than "a bit" teary. Hoping to have got some of it out of my system so I am not a complete blubbery mess all day later in the week.

There seems to be a general agreement- WA as a possible question mark- that the odd case in a HQ or similar worker isn’t really unexpected, and isn’t cause for immediate bubble-closing.

Kiwi Bicycle

It was a cleaner on inbound Covid infected country planes. He or she would have little interaction with people going through an airport.

Air New Zealand has a special NZ10 code for 10% off for the next couple of days.

Their airfares are super flexible and they are often named one of the best airlines in the world 😊

I'm sitting on a plane. The plane is still in Australia, but it's starting to feel like being in NZ a little later in the day could really be a happening thing!

I'm sitting on a plane. The plane is still in Australia, but it's starting to feel like being in NZ a little later in the day could really be a happening thing!

I am so envious but so happy for you!

Thank you. It's after 1am, and I just finished talking to my siblings. Absolutely amazing.

Hugs to all those with a much longer wait ahead.

Thank you. It's after 1am, and I just finished talking to my siblings. Absolutely amazing.

Now the most important question of them all. Did you hug your mum?

I’m really happy for you all!

It's another four hours travel time to my parents place, we are about half way through the trip now.

It's another four hours travel time to my parents place, we are about half way through the trip now.

And finally, yes!! I can physically see my parents right now. I had begin to despair of it ever happening again.

Advertisement