As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Post vaccine life

Ernegirl

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silverstreak

• Iamferalz

• BKK

• Anne Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Anne Bonny

So the govt - instead trying to scare the bejeebus out of us to slow demand should have been encouraging people to react to this vaccine the same way they did when there finally one available for polio. The disease was so horrible that everyone lined up.

Iamferalz

I am still booking mine when it becomes available for over 50s in NSW in a couple of weeks. My GP is doing them.

It takes 3 months to get to full vaccine induced immunity, which means it’s not a quickie measure you can turn to in a serious outbreak.

I had mine on Saturday and note that I can’t get the 2nd dose for 3 months.

We all get upset when we are locked down but there was more staff at the mass vaccination clinic than people getting vaccinated.

It’s our duty as a society to help the elderly and disabled. When it’s our turn we should be lining up.

brisketbuns

So the govt - instead trying to scare the bejeebus out of us to slow demand should have been encouraging people to react to this vaccine the same way they did when there finally one available for polio. The disease was so horrible that everyone lined up.

It's not the government's fault... It's the internet's.

Phillipa Crawford

It's not the government's fault... It's the internet's.

The internet hasn't helped but where is the leadership from the government?

We saw Scomo getting his, which if I remember was supposed to be an inclusive all the leaders photo op and he turned it into a single look at me, look at me. Just no understanding that the message should have been group not individual.

Then the roll out has been so abysmal that even those who wanted it were unable to access it.

It should have been - I will take the first dose and then off we go for everyone else.

There should now be constant reminders about off you go to get it done, visiting workplaces etc.

Instead it is limping along and he is fixated on border closures which encourages the belief that it is unnecessary.

Bornagirl

I had mine on Saturday and note that I can’t get the 2nd dose for 3 months.

We all get upset when we are locked down but there was more staff at the mass vaccination clinic than people getting vaccinated.

It’s our duty as a society to help the elderly and disabled. When it’s our turn we should be lining up.

That's my feeling too. I know someone well who's wary of the vaccination in the short term because 1) she has recurring chronic fatigue and 2) has recently been diagnosed with a reasonably serious heart condition and the medication is at the trial and error stage.

It's why everyone who has no good reason to wait, should have the shot, so that we can help protect those for whom waiting might be appropriate.

I have an appointment for 17th (didn't try to make it earlier, even though there were times available at that GP cos I thought I might turn up and get knocked back), but see that Box Hill hospital allow walk ins, so am going to turn up there today and take my chances, with a good book in hand.

nom_de_plume

I don't think the government is responsible for spreading misinformation (that's definitely the internet!), But they have absolutely botched the rollout.

Advertisement