IGNORED

“We want them infected” the US disaster was a plan, not incompetence

LunaFreya

My blood is boiling after reading this. So many infected, so many dead.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/16/trump-appointee-demanded-herd-immunity-strategy-446408?fbclid=IwAR2zeTMXew4CQD3QRJgza7AP4xp-4psxCADc0Dz9skdeRCSr2conpq9N4xw

A lot of my American friends are scared for a good reason. And I know quite a few American expats who live here and are worried about their friends and families

Biden has a hell of a job to go to bring the county together to fight this

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Rosie28

• Seayork2002

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

If a big blue tomato was about to land on the US and the government warned people there would be cries of 'you can't tell me what to do' which is what I am thinking the gun culture is about, sure some may want guns but how many want them just because they can, they just don't want to fell they are being controlled, sure thousands and millions can die with this virus and they will still not want to be told what to do.

Sure people can say 'yeah but I know people form or live their and they don't think like that' but people do there or they would not be in this mess in the first place

Quite aside from the scientific dodginess, this is practically impossible. It only works (I use that term lightly, there's no evidence it would work at all) if every vulnerable person is protected, and in America above all places, that is impossible. The US administration was simply just FINE with a huge number of people dying. I had a friend from San Francisco ask me what it was like who had leaders who cared if I lived or died, and followed the science. It's gobsmackingly scary over there.

If a big blue tomato was about to land on the US and the government warned people there would be cries of 'you can't tell me what to do' which is what I am thinking the gun culture is about, sure some may want guns but how many want them just because they can, they just don't want to fell they are being controlled, sure thousands and millions can die with this virus and they will still not want to be told what to do.

Sure people can say 'yeah but I know people form or live their and they don't think like that' but people do there or they would not be in this mess in the first place

It's the triumph of the individual over the collective. We see it here too of course, just in smaller numbers, but the focus on individual rights and freedoms in America, a cornerstone of their "democracy" and national identity, is their undoing.

Ive seen talks (cant remember where) where this exact topic is discussed. Really interesting stuff. Freedom there from what I have read and heard is viewed differently to what we consider freedom here.

Ive seen talks (cant remember where) where this exact topic is discussed. Really interesting stuff. Freedom there from what I have read and heard is viewed differently to what we consider freedom here.

You can get an idea of it by following some Americans on Twitter. Naomi Wolf who I really thought was a very intelligent person, is constantly berating people, saying the data is not confirmed, and every public health order should be the result of peer reviewed research. She buys into the “grea5 reset” I think. Not sure if I’ve seen her use those exact words, but it’s the definite tone of her posts.

Naomi Wolf is a huge disappointment and scientifically illiterate.

It just shows how misinformation has great power in the time of uncontrolled social media.

Her attempts at reading graphs are risible.

Advertisement