IGNORED

NSW COVID-19 support thread

Kallie

Not concerned, I think they sound pretty on top of it to be honest. They're all known close contacts at this stage.

And even if we have one here, they seem to keep it at a manageable level every time it happens so I'm not at this stage worried otherwise.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Iamferalz

• LunaFreya

• Mrs Zee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently they are considering lock down this morning to allow contact tracers to catch up.

That's interesting.

If so, it seems their system still struggles. 15 cases identified in total over 5 days, all HQ workers or close contacts in isolation.

I’ve seen suggested that Sunbury may be well located for a partial lockdown, but city-wide seems once again extreme and excessive risk aversion.

Apparently they are considering lock down this morning to allow contact tracers to catch up.

That's interesting.

Yeah, I don’t get that. It was the same argument with Brisbane and Perth. It’s not a pissing contest but I do not understand how other states seem to need to lockdown to give contact tracing time, but here a bunch of sites are made “test and isolate” and the majority of people have done it. Then we get blasted because GB “just asks people to behave” 🙄

Posting here so the Vic thread stays supportive, but the 5 day lockdown, although with a slightly stronger basis than WA, seems to be a huge admission that the Vic tracing system is not up to scratch.

Either that, or a form of collective insanity. I truly am gobsmacked.

Is it a fait accompli?

The reporting on this drives me crazy.

Yes, too many information sources, so east to be tricked into conjecture rather than reality.

No actual announcement yet, but my thoughts upthread stand if it is. I could possibly see some sense in an LGA lockdown.

That's interesting.

Yeah, I don’t get that. It was the same argument with Brisbane and Perth. It’s not a pissing contest but I do not understand how other states seem to need to lockdown to give contact tracing time, but here a bunch of sites are made “test and isolate” and the majority of people have done it. Then we get blasted because GB “just asks people to behave” 🙄

I know right. It’s a very risk adverse approach and I feel so sorry for small businesses and people’s mental health as they fear a lock down every time there’s a handful of cases.

The “will we, won’t we” drives everyone up the wall. I wish all the states can collectively come up with clear guidance on how they will manage it. “I.e we will mandate mask of cases climb over x, we will enter L4 if cases climb above y numbers” etc

I think it would be better for everyone’s mental health if they know what’s to come if numbers increase and be better prepared.

That's interesting.

I know right. It’s a very risk adverse approach and I feel so sorry for small businesses and people’s mental health as they fear a lock down every time there’s a handful of cases.

The “will we, won’t we” drives everyone up the wall. I wish all the states can collectively come up with clear guidance on how they will manage it. “I.e we will mandate mask of cases climb over x, we will enter L4 if cases climb above y numbers” etc

I think it would be better for everyone’s mental health if they know what’s to come if numbers increase and be better prepared.

Yes definitely! The uncertainty drives people crazy, not knowing whether they can make plans or not, or whether they'll be locked inside at the slightest tiny outbreak etc. I think it would be a lot easier for people to deal with if they had some more clear cut procedures, not just this "fuck let's lock down tonight for five days" crap.

Yeah the lack of consistency is breaking my brain. Every premier has done some stuff right and some stuff wrong, but I am just so exhausted by the bickering and no idea what’s happening from one day to the next. Part of that is the virus itself, but it’s being exacerbated by this state vs state BS

The PM and Premiers need to be locked in a room and not allowed out until they agree guidelines on how to manage outbreaks, including the factors that may necessitate a lockdown.

The declaration of all of T4 terminal for most of a day has amped things up, but a 5 day lockdown? Seriously?

Yeah the lack of consistency is breaking my brain. Every premier has done some stuff right and some stuff wrong, but I am just so exhausted by the bickering and no idea what’s happening from one day to the next. Part of that is the virus itself, but it’s being exacerbated by this state vs state BS

It is. I think that’s the unsettling bit.

Do you think we’ll see an uptake in mask wearing Sydney now? I feel like I have been lax.

I am wearing mask now. Going to donate blood.

I didn’t wear a mask for my interview yesterday, but did while out on the floor.

The case that appears to have prompted the Melbourne lockdown was a worker who ought to have been wearing a mask, and working in a location where masks are mandated unless eating or drinking.

I wonder whether it will be like the other lockdowns around the country where no or extremely few additional cases were identified?

Good to see NSW testing back up to nearly 15,000 today with no new local cases.

Mask wearing here will be interesting. Grocery shopping for example I’ve seen a handful more than before the January mandate, but obviously not to the levels they were at when it was enforced. DH has been doing a few days back in the office and says he’s seen similar in the CBD, higher than before but not everyone.

The testing numbers do seem to have increased just with back to school. I know a few kids at school have been off because of testing recently.

I think the school rules around symptoms have changed too, I know we got something when they returned saying symptoms needed a test and if they didn’t test they needed something like ten days out of school. I assume most parents would prefer a kid whinging about a nose scrape than ten days at home with them 🤣

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-12/nsw-health-rush-to-contact-7000-covid-19-exposed-travellers/13147604

This is a concern. Hopefully everyone does the right thing, tests and isolates

I think NB and Berala showed NSW is pretty good at seeing those locations and doing what they’re directed to do. I’d imagine anyone who’s been through Melbourne recently is watching things very closely

People are getting slack in Sydney. I know it’s Friday afternoon but that’s no reason to sit close together without a mask on public transport

Potentially puts the rest of us at risk

• 2 months later...
riotproof

I was literally just thinking how everyone is back to normal. Only checking in if they ask you to ect.

Advertisement