• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Iamferalz

• LunaFreya

• Mrs Zee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We’ve done so well, i am confident we can get on top of this without shutting borders.

The system here is better no because we have had no cases, but because we’ve been able to trace and isolate.

GB says that if we act smart and quick about this then it can be contained before Xmas.

I think the uncertainty is difficult and some people will be isolating over the Christmas break most probably.

As a Victorian who has been there, done that, and had several Covid swabs this year ... we are thinking of you all. Fingers crossed you can get on top of this very quickly.

Seems a bit early for this thread, given a localised outbreak with numbers no worse than others we’ve dealt with?

Maybe, but the sa thread was also started quite early. At least it's here for those that feel they need it, if it doesn't get used I'm sure the mods will close it

Fuck.

NSW residents entering will need a permit now and Sydney residents need to test and self-isolate

Entering where?

Victoria

GOOD

*curls up and cries*

This was the first big trip for me and DS and he was so excited to go. This will crush him. And we have been through A LOT this year, more than Covid

So eff you and your “GOOD”

Victoria

GOOD

Are you from NSW?

I am from interstate, and other states do not want people coming in with the risk of COVID. We have been through utter hell this year and if at all hope like hell it doesnt start again

Edited by JRA

Seems a bit early for this thread, given a localised outbreak with numbers no worse than others we’ve dealt with?

Hopefully it does get managed like the Casula hotel outbreak. However, this does seem to be a superspreader profile. I do hope that the contact tracers do not get overwhelmed, otherwise it’s lockdown territory for us.

GOOD

Are you from NSW?

I am from interstate, and other states do not want people coming in with the risk of COVID

Completely understand. However, this is the NSW support thread and as such, people should be allowed to express disappointment at not being able to travel. I know people who were finally going to be able to see their kids after many months and now that’s off.

I believe there was a similar protocol for the Victorian support thread for interstate posters just to stick to supportive posts.

Lunafreya. not all NSW people need to quarantine if they go to Vic. (this is supportive). So if you haven't been to an exposure site it wont affect you and you will still be able to travel to Vic

----

Victorian authorities are contacting all airline passengers who travelled from NSW and arrived into Victoria from December 11.

Any passengers who have travelled from the Northern Beaches and other NSW exposure sites from that date will be required to get tested and self-quarantine for 14 days from the date they were last in a red zone.

All travellers will be asked to carry their permit with them when flying and flights will be met by members of our public health team at Tullamarine Airport and Albury, Mildura, Bendigo and Avalon regional airports.

Victoria Police will also begin roving patrols at the land border from midnight tonight, similar to what occurred as part of the state's response to the South Australia outbreak.

PocketMacrophobia

I agree with the border closures but it's also shit.

We were going to book flights home.

The kids were getting excited to get back to some semblance of normal.

I'm not sure how much fall out there will be from this for us.

I'm so sorry for those who will miss out on finally seeing family.

Lunafreya. not all NSW people need to quarantine if they go to Vic. (this is supportive). So if you haven't been to an exposure site it wont affect you and you will still be able to travel to Vic

We will still need a permit after midnight. We were due to cross tomorrow. Website for getting them isn’t updated

We will still need a permit after midnight. We were due to cross tomorrow. Website for getting them isn’t updated

But a permit is just paperwork. If you haven't been in Northern beaches or an identified location you will be still be able to travel.

And I need to apply for a permit, and you can’t right now as the site hasn’t been updated. And don’t these have to be approved? We are supposed to cross the border tomorrow

But it adds stress and worry to the process, especially if you one of the people who are going to need it immediately. We’ve seen before the chaos at border crossing whenever permit systems start or are changed,

Sorry you got caught out by this Lunafreya .. fingers crossed you are able to get it sorted without delaying you too much.

Okay, I am hearing that I might not need a permit if I’m not coming from a hotspot or been to one. Which I have not.

Getting more accurate info from corona vieys info line

Advertisement