IGNORED

fluffy - advertising from the car dealer

jayskette

I have always wondered this but never thought to ask for opinions until now.

I am talking about car dealer advertising - like stickers and decals with the dealer's name, number plate borders, petrol consumption stickers - why do I see so many cars on the road with them, and it is obvious that they are not just bought cars or being demonstrated?

If your car have any such advertising on them, why do you have them on?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl

• DropBear

• Seayork2002

• Jolly_F

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked for it to be removed before we picked up the last car. On the whole I really couldn't care less, if they can get some free advertising and the car owner doesn't care, gofrit. I would very happily recommend the sales agent who sold us the car, though. The dealership themselves, no opinion.

We walk around in Nike's, Lorna Janes, and the very car. Presumably your most likely response to a search for a car is to ask a car owner you come across about the car, not the dealership.

I went to a gym with a friend who gave a free T-shirt (really good quality) after 200 visits. She said 'i'm not giving them free advertising', wearing her Lorna Janes and Nikes, that she'd paid for.

ClaudiaCosette

It came with the car and literally until reading this thread the thought of removing it has never even crossed my kind mind

Yes, same here. Our car just has a sticker on the back with the dealer name on it. It's pretty unobtrusive so I've never thought about taking it off.

I love looking at them to see where cars from when I am away from Sydney so in Tasmania for example I get excited when I see a dealership near me on there type thing, it is the small things in life :)

I think you should get a discount if they put so much as a number plate protector on. I am not a driving billboard for the dealership. I don’t even like have my car brand on my car, but you can’t do much about that.

I think you should get a discount if they put so much as a number plate protector on. I am not a driving billboard for the dealership. I don’t even like have my car brand on my car, but you can’t do much about that.

OT but this is what I think about clothes, I won't buy any clothes/handbags etc. that have brand labels on

Let me drive it around the paddocks for a while, I'll get those badges to fall right off :lol:

I rip it all off. I've just paid through the nose for a car, you can stick your free advertising. Plate frames and stickers gone. I also hate it when tyre/mechanic companies put their stickers on my car. WTF! No one asked me. How'd they feel if I put a sticker advertising my work or union on their car.

I ripped a tyre company sticker off the car and gave it back to the guy. He got upset that he'd paid good money for it. I said my car wasn't his property and he had no right to vandalise my car. He shut up quickly. He didn't learn his lesson as he did it the next time too. I now go elsewhere.

I rip it all off. I've just paid through the nose for a car, you can stick your free advertising. Plate frames and stickers gone. I also hate it when tyre/mechanic companies put their stickers on my car. WTF! No one asked me. How'd they feel if I put a sticker advertising my work or union on their car.

I ripped a tyre company sticker off the car and gave it back to the guy. He got upset that he'd paid good money for it. I said my car wasn't his property and he had no right to vandalise my car. He shut up quickly. He didn't learn his lesson as he did it the next time too. I now go elsewhere.

I did this when the local Midas fitted a new muffler on my beloved Commodore and it came back with an unauthorised sticker on the back window. They had included a "tell us how we did" postcard which I duly posted back with said sticker and stern words that as I didn't put any stickers on my car why did they think they should?

Two cars later I have gone from 19 years driving a large vehicle which stood out in a crowd to being somewhat invisible in a dark blue very common SUV. I bought it in Wollongong so the dealer plate surrounds make it look like I'm not from around here. I'm really liking like the anonymity....

Advertisement