IGNORED

How many breakfast cereals do you have on hand?

LemonMyrtle

<t>How many breakfast cereals do you have on hand?</t>  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have 5 at the moment, plus muesli and instant oats sachets. As well as rolled oats and instant oats in my baking ingredients section. So I guess that’s 9 breakfast cereal options! Ridiculous! I need to cut that down.

How many is normal?

Edited by LemonMyrtle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrankyM

• Dusty

• LemonMyrtle

• riotproof

Top Posters In This Topic

a few more than 5 probably, I don't eat it as I go to a cafe every morning but do eat cereal normally, DS has it about once or twice a year so it is all mainly for DH

a few more than 5 probably, I don't eat it as I go to a cafe every morning but do eat cereal normally, DS has it about once or twice a year so it is all mainly for DH

Haha. 5 for 1 person, that’s makes me feel better, at least we have 9 for 4 people.

We have Vitabrits for DS, Crunchy Nut for DH and I, Sustain for DH. DH is a cereal nut, there's sometimes Nutrigrain for him as well that DS and I occasionally have and in the winter there's oats for me. I eat cold cereal before going to work, but when I'm not pressed for time I prefer something hot e.g. toast, eggs etc.

We have cornflakes and rolled oats. That's it.

The kids eat the cornflakes on most school mornings but at least once a week will have a toasted sandwich or pancakes. DP occasionally has a bowl. I don't eat cereal. I usually have eggs of some description (scrambled, omelette, boiled, frittata).

Edited by nom_de_plume

I have rolled oats for me and that's about it.

Kids don't really like cereal that much. I will buy the occassional box of something on sale, but it isn't a regular thing.

We usually have quick oats for porridge. Ricebubbles, cornflakes (usually left over from making party food), I think we have weetbix and muesli too. Then occasionally the kids get frootloops or nutrigrain.

I don't eat it usually, just the porridge and occasionally nutrigrain.

DH only eats the nutrigrain.

We have Cheerios, weetbix, plus granola dust which I make. I used to only buy weetbix unless something else was on sale, but I have realised that even the expensive cereals work out to be pretty good value.

I do have oats but that is only used in granola dust and baking. Oatmeal cooked is revolting.

I only buy weeties, weetbix, Cheerios, and cornflakes when Dh has his yearly desire,

Edited by riotproof

DH has one which I have tried in the past which I am not a fan of much is shredded wheat, when I do eat cereal I like those probably unhealthy cluster toasted oat type ones but only with sultana/raisins and apricot

I don't mind wheetbix mini 'bites' ones whatever they are called, and coco pops although that is having a funny taste, and nutrigrain (I love hotel cereal)

I hate carboard muesli

Weetbix. Rolled Oats, Bacon, Eggs, Greek Yoghurt Muesli, Baked Beans, Spinach, Blueberries, Strawberries, Bananas, Flour & Milk.

Out of all that we make pancakes with strawberries & banana, bacon & eggs with spinach and baked beans,, Porridge & Greek Yoghurt with Muesli and Blueberries.. And every now & then a bacon and egg bagel.

I only have plain weetbix and plain rolled oats. Oats are more for baking with. Weetbix is about the only cereal without sugar.

If you are concerned about sugar content, give vita-brits a try. They are only 0.3% compared to 3.3% for weetbix.

Tastier too, IMO :)

Weetbix

Fruity bites

Strawberry oat clusters - I just eat this by the handful.

Milo cereal

Fruit loops

Coco pops

Some sort of porridge

So 7 all up at the moment. Cereal is an anytime food at our house especially good for afternoon snacks.

[mention]riotproof[/mention] what is granola dust?

Hills Mum Bec

Way too many. I eat weet-bix every single morning so we always have that, There are rice bubbles and corn flakes in the cupboard which are used for cooking, I don't think anybody in the house actually eats them as cereal. DS19 will only eat sultana bran so we always have that. DH will eat plain quick oats, special K or weet-bix bites, I think we have a few different flavours of weet-bix bites. DD's eat weet-bix or flavoured quick oats sachets. I think that adds up to 9? Possibly might be some weeties in there and if it's school holidays I will buy coco pops for a treat.

Heaps! Are you talking about types or boxes? My underweight kid that barely eats likes a cereal that is $7 for a smallish box. It is regularly in special for half price. I reckon I have about 8 boxes stock piled.

Then there are quick oats. The oats eater regularly changes favourite flavour so I reckon there are 5 different boxes in the pantry. Then there would be rolled oats, weet bix and possibly corn flakes and rice bubbles. Dh and I eat muesli we buy in bulk from the health food shop. Then there is my gf child who also changes favourites regularly. There are probably 2 boxes of stuff she does not eat anymore and another 3 boxes of different stuff she does eat.

I actually selected 9-10, but think I need to edit that out and go the biggest option....

Going against the granola here, I dislike cereal intensely, it’s a texture thing, when you add milk it’s goes all soggy, I dislike porridge, rice pudding and trifle for the same reason.

However we do have rolled oats (for baking) and rice puffs bc the kid likes them in the pantry,

Going against the granola here, I dislike cereal intensely, it’s a texture thing, when you add milk it’s goes all soggy, I dislike porridge, rice pudding and trifle for the same reason.

However we do have rolled oats (for baking) and rice puffs bc the kid likes them in the pantry,

I’m with you.

The only cereal I’ve ever liked was some kind of cluster thing. I want to say Komplete? But I am not sure. It probably has loads of sugar and not the good kind. I don’t drink milk at all unless it’s caffeinated, so all cereals bother me.

I do like my granola dust on yoghurt.

Advertisement