• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• purplekitty

• Paddlepop

• Jerry

• Pearson

Top Posters In This Topic

Sancti-claws

Mooguru: The Gabba area is being developed quickly and it's definitely losing its character. It's just busy traffic and building sites now it seems. Old houses that were characteristic of the area are being demolished and unit blocks going up in their place. They build boundary to boundary as much as possible so there's less gardens and yards there.

Kelvin Grove State College is another massive school. P-12, 1000s of students. Traffic would be hell to get there twice a day for drop offs and pick ups. Same for the Valley's new school.

purplekitty: Lovely location, not! Part way between the cemetery and the old Boggo Road Jail. Heck no. There would be ghosts hanging around there for sure.

Its NOT between the Cemetery and the Jail - I thought "that would be in the middle of the road!!! " but I stand corrected - is it where the old Endeavour site was? I had a friend live in the most higgledy piggledy house there at one point - very cheap rent though!! But look at all the public transport going right there these days!!!

(disclaimer - we left Dutton Park State School - and Brisbane - due to development in the areas between where I lived in East Brisbane and DDs school in 2006 - mainly because the busway development would be having exhaust stacks right next to the school AND the roadworks as the built the Clem 7 tunnel would be hell for that commute)

I love Brisbane - DH grew up here and we moved back here (after 2 years in Canberra and 5 in Sydney) in 2005.

We're on the southside (south of Sunnybank, north of Logan) and what some would consider a fair way out, but we're still less than 20km from CBD. Our local state school is P to 12, it's excellent for primary but we're going private for high school. $1 million would get you a very large house here - ours is 4 bed plus study, 2nd living, pool, ducted air con etc and is worth about $750 - $800.

DH drives to city to work, takes about 1 hour including parking and 15 minute walk from where he parks. I work in Cannon Hill so swing round the gateway and it's an easy 30 minutes in peak hour

Mooguru: The Gabba area is being developed quickly and it's definitely losing its character. It's just busy traffic and building sites now it seems. Old houses that were characteristic of the area are being demolished and unit blocks going up in their place. They build boundary to boundary as much as possible so there's less gardens and yards there.

Kelvin Grove State College is another massive school. P-12, 1000s of students. Traffic would be hell to get there twice a day for drop offs and pick ups. Same for the Valley's new school.

purplekitty: Lovely location, not! Part way between the cemetery and the old Boggo Road Jail. Heck no. There would be ghosts hanging around there for sure.

If your kid is going to high school, one would hope that they would be able to catch public transport and not require drop off and pick up every day (special needs excepted), and there should be more kids car pooling or catching PT to reduce the amount of cars on the road. So the kids at BSSSC, FVSSC, BSHS, KGSC are probably very adept at dealing with public transport. The location would be fine, technically, you drive past the cemetery for a good 50m, chuck a right and then Boggo Road is about 80m further down on the right. The Dutton Park SS kids have been dealing with it all for years. It is just near the busway that pops out and also goes to the UQ Lakes as well.

I went sightseeing in that cemetery on Sunday!

Sancti-claws

I went sightseeing in that cemetery on Sunday!

Its a fantastic one to do that in!!

However - trigger warning - [spoil]unless some of the local human wildlife has been moved on in the last 20 years, avoid the playground toilets at the top of that hill.[/spoil] PerhapsIts not the ghosts, its the ghouls (mind you, my experience was 20 years ago).

Advertisement